Closed Thread
Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Hi everyone! I'm going ok. My thyroid levels are within a normal range now so i now have to wait and see what they do next.

I'm really annoyed about the whole thing. My dr I don't really like and I suppose since I don't fully understand the whole thyroid thing I feel like if my levels are right why can't I just go ahead and do it? But she says I have to wait even longer now and see what they do on their own. But she also says that they are constantly changing and if I do get pregnant then they get thrown out of wack in the first trimester so will need to monitor them then anyway. Very frustrating.

Did any one watch the sperm donation show on the abc I think it was the other night?
    Last edited by two souls; 20-08-2015 at 16:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't see that one but I did see the today tonight segment on how Australians are going OS so they can gender select. We have the technology in Australia but is illegal to do and I think fairly so. I get after having 3-4 boys/girls you might want a different gender but 1 big families annoy be because I'm jealous and 2 we should be happy with what were given gender wise. I just want a healthy happy baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @two souls: yes, with thyroid problem, you need to do close monitoring during pregnancy. MGC Bertie and Jenniwithanl went through that. The Dr needs to adjust dosage. It is strange about not letting you start straight away.

I didn't watch the sperm donation show on abc. I am trying pretty hard to forget about the whole genetic side of thing. I am still not sure how DH is going to react when the child is born. It has been difficult when someone makes a comment about how our child is going to look like, how smart he would be etc. OK, i am not saying that our child wont' be smart but the comment was directly about the gene. Who knows....that's my reply.

In any case, I've seen few negative threads about sperm donation here in Australia. Most of them just discourage the guys to do it. I think there is still a lot of misconception out there.

As for gender selection, this is the last thing in my mind. Probably the same for most infertility couples who struggle a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope, didn't see the abc story. Was it good? I'll try and watch it tonight (unless it's a negative story!)

We told everyone over the weekend that we are pregnant
    I told my siblings that we have used donar sperm. They were really good about it I think the hardest part is actually saying it out loud. they didn't really say much though... I think they were lost for words (and do you blame them?! Haha... Not really something you hear very often)

From now on we've decided to tell people only if it comes up, as in, we're not going to make a point of everyone knowing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I saw the show on the abc. It was actually really good. It was about children who were donor conceived in the 1970s and their search for information. Things are done very differently now (which is a good thing), but still gave me a few things to think about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a good show and Australian as well. I hope our children and husbands will look at the situation differently then those people since things are more talked about now and information is available if they want it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just watched it. It was really good! I agree @two souls... It's sad that it was so secretive back in the 70's

I've watched a few of these documentaries and something they never touch on (except this one briefly) is how the dad feels about the kids having a relationship with their donor. That is my biggest concern.... How DH will feel/react if our kids want a relationship with their donor. Guess time will tell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Azoospermia #2

Was the show related to one of the donors conceived in Melbourne? And she found her biological father in the end? And the other one died of cancer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    I just watched it. It was really good! I agree @two souls... It's sad that it was so secretive back in the 70's

I've watched a few of these documentaries and something they never touch on (except this one briefly) is how the dad feels about the kids having a relationship with their donor. That is my biggest concern.... How DH will feel/react if our kids want a relationship with their donor. Guess time will tell!
    Yes this is the one thing I worry about too. It was a shame that a few of the fathers had passed away, as I was interested in their stories as well. In fact the only time I cried in the doco was when they were interviewing Myf's dad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Was the show related to one of the donors conceived in Melbourne? And she found her biological father in the end? And the other one died of cancer?
    The female in the doco had already found her donor before the story started. A few of the males had lost their fathers (not sure if it was cancer or something else). Two found their donors and one didn't. I think at least one was from Melbourne.