Closed Thread
Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Azoospermia #2

@Sariele: I know you are starting soon. Nervous? I am sure that you will have things handled here in Perth with your parents. If you want some other info such as pharmacy for specific drugs, I might be able to help. Just pm me.

@twosouls: how r u going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @bbhope. I'm more nervous about this solo flight with DS than anything else! But yeah, thinking about my cycle I actually get quite excited, because for some stupid reason I'm convinced this FET is going to work, which is ridiculous given my history. Setting myself up for what will almost definitely be a major fall, but il deal with that when I get to it. I'm just really excited about those five days between transfer and POAS when I'm blissfully and obliviously PUPO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I still can't believe that she's with me, and have had about 4 crying melt-downs since she was born, about not ever believing that it would work and that I would have a baby in my arms. DH has become a natural, incredible father and he loves her to bits, and has never said anything since her birth about using donor sperm. I've mentioned it once or twice, as I wanted to open up communication in case he wanted to talk about it, but all he says is how much he loves and adores her, and quite often I have to "fight" him to give me cuddles with her!!

DH's mother must have forgotten that we used donor sperm, as she's said a few things since the birth, such as, "I wonder if J will end up having the same hair colour as DH?" I said to DH if he thinks his mother has forgotten, and he just shrugged. I said, well, we'll just not say anything, since she seems happy, and he agreed readily. I still mourn a little that she doesn't have DH in her, however, at the same time she doesn't look like me, and actually seems more like my sister (skin colour, facial features, hair colour and thickness on arms), so a part of me actually seems happy with this. And we both love her to pieces, so it didn't really matter in the end.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

DJ Nette  (16-08-2015),JenniwithanI  (20-08-2015),Malak  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MGC Bertie: i haven't brought up the donor conversation with DH since bfp. I find it awkward....as I try to forget. I am pretty sure that the baby would likely get my features. I love this baby but I am like you, I still wish there is DH in there genetically. For now, I just want to concentrate on getting this bub healthy. GD is not fun! While i understand that GD won't cause bub to have diabetes but it seems like there is a strong diabetes gene being passing down. I really hope that bub won't get type I. Sometime I wonder if the long term use of steroid causes more harm to people who have diabetes gene.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone else doing? @Jenniwithanl, @Barca07, @DeterminedOne, @Malak, @allykat111. Sorry if i miss you.
    @MGC Bertie: Looking forward to hear how your midwife home visit went.
    @two souls: i hope your thyroid problem is under controlled.
    @Sariele: Flying solo with a young one must be a lot of stress. I hope he prefers sitting down than walking up and down the aisle for the entire flight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @bbhope. I'm not holding my breath, but you never know... He LOVES buttons that light up, so maybe I can find stuff for him to press (that isn't the "call flight attendant" button!). Got lots of other stuff to hopefully amuse him, but really, he's nearly 18 months old, he's going to want to be on the move and is going to get really grumpy when he can't be. Poor kid, I wish there was some way to explain to him what was going on. Especially taking him away from his daddy for so long, I'm worried that he won't take that well.

Anyway, In just under 24 hours we'll be heading off to Heathrow... I'm excited to see my parents, but gees there's so much hard "mum-work" for me before that! :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing ok. Just had out 1st unsuccessful FET. Jumping straight back in this month for a second attempt. My body didn't even seem to give me a chance, I started spotting 4 days after transfer. Yesterday Aunt Flo started for real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele: Good luck for the flight!
    @allykat111: sorry to hear. Did they check your progesterone level? FX that the next one is the one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. I'm pretty shi(:ed off. I rang the clinic @4dp5dt to say I'd had a bleed and they just fobbed it off, said I can talk to a counsellor if I'd like and not to lose hope until I got full Flo. I called yesterday when I did after 6 days of spotting and asked if I can go again. Iv got an app with my FS to ask why I didn't have my hormones checked before and after transfer and why my lining was not once checked. Iv only ever had it checked when I was doing the stims but didn't get a fresh transfer as I developed OHSS. Iv been really sick with a cold, but they said that wouldn't impact it. I was spewing, all those sleepless nights I could have had throaties to help me sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know which clinic you are with. Are you with a low cost clinic? If you are, they tend to do less than the full price clinic. Did they put you on progesterone pessaries at all? Perhaps that's something to try next round. My FS also didn't check P4 level during TWW but she did just before transfer to make sure it is on the right time of the month for transferring.