Closed Thread
Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best @MGC Bertie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay @MGC Bertie! All the best, sending smooth birthing vibes, however it happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Bertie will be thinking of you today xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best wishes to you @MGCBertie on a safe arrival 👶🏼🍼🎉 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope all is ok Bertie xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Bertie! Thinking if you and looking forward to hearing your news of your little girls arrival!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Bertie, hope all is well and your busy cuddling your new Bub xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I've kept everyone in suspense (and worry) but poor Mummy has had not one minute spare to get onto the computer until today. It's a constant cycle of feeding, washing, crying etc and when I've had a moment to myself I plonk on the couch exhausted or fall into bed myself. DH has been great, getting up lots in the night to settle her, that I don't know how I will cope (or cope as well) next week when he goes back to work.

Anyhow, the birth story. Baby Josephine didn't want to wait until 38 weeks to be born, which was when Dr M thought he would have to induce her. Instead, at 36 weeks 3 days, when I got up at 2.15am to go to the toilet my waters broke (these things always happen in the dead of the night). I didn't have any pain, but there was water everywhere. In my haste to get out of bed I also slammed into my bedside table, so my arm was in pain, but nothing else. We rang the hospital and they said to come in. On the way in the car the contractions started, at about 5 minutes apart. At this point I couldn't remember anything about giving birth - nothing!! By the time we got to the hospital contractions were 2-3 minutes apart - I'd remembered by now that one of DH's jobs was to time the contractions and write them down. This continued for about 30 minutes, but no-one (the nurses) seemed massively concerned, just kept doing obs. Then the contractions started to lengthen, 10 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, until 5 hours later I realised they'd stopped. I was confused, as I thought contractions were supposed to go the other way. I was moved from the observation room to my own room, and told that since my waters had broken we weren't going anywhere.

At this point though I remembered that we hadn't chosen a name!! DH pulled out his laptop and started reading through hundreds of names, while I vetoed them. I'd always liked Jospehine, and no others came close, so that was decided pretty quickly. The middle name was whittled down to three.Dr M came and said that a C-section would occur the next day if she decided she wouldn't come along naturally. An induction was now out of the question as my waters had broken.

Nothing happened until 18 hours later the contractions started again on the Monday morning about 2am again, and this time they were much worse than the first day, that I thought it was actually going to happen. Same thing though, they started close together, and slowly over 8 hours became less often until they stopped. At 11am it was decided that a C-section would be scheduled for 5pm that afternoon, and frankly I was glad (if not a little scared) that finally my little baby would be here. A little later this was brought forward to 4pm and before I knew it I was being wheeled down at 3.25pm.

DH was changed into scrubs and when he came back and we sat/lay waiting outside the anaesthetic room, I started panicing / getting emotional as my poor baby still didn't have a middle name. I was desperate that she had a name as soon as she was born, even though everyone else was saying that it didn't matter and her name could be chosen later. We quickly got rid of one of the names, and with moments to spare decided on the middle name, Jean, which is after both our Mums. I was so relieved and very happy that my little girl would have a name.

The epidural was horrible!! Fireworks exploded in my left leg, but DH held me extremely tight and I just tried to concentrate on sitting still. However my legs remained in a bent position, well so I thought, even though everyone kept saying that they were actually straight, it was totally weird. Once the epidural was over, everything else went really quickly, and before I knew it, they were lowering the screen and letting me look at her head. The screen was really quite high on my chest, and because she was so premmie and had to go to the special care nursery I didn't get to have her on my chest or breast feed as I'd wanted, so just got a couple of kisses. In a way though I just wanted them to stitch me up and get back to the ward to start our new life together.

Well, feeding time is just about around again, so I'll fill you all in later about baby Josephine's first ten days.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

DJ Nette  (14-08-2015),JenniwithanI  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad to hear from you, @MGC Bertie! I am starting to worry. Congrats to the birth of baby J!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay, very happy to hear from you MGC Bertie! Congrats on the birth of your little girl!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-08-2015)