Closed Thread
Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did you ask about DrT? I am curious about this specialty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did and were told if he can do procedures Dr Artley can't then we can see what he can do different. Right now we're not that far down the line. I have court next Friday so can't go to the first appointment and my partner kind of wants to deal with his issues first then we go from there but I will be sure to ask for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    So first appointment was today and waiting on bloodtests and surgery in 6 weeks! The doctor said that the tests will indicate what but he thought it was obstructive but we won't know till the tests and surgery! 6 weeks ahead then 2 days later on holiday so be a nice break knowing either way

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

@ttc1981: do u know what surgery the dr is going to do? I assume it is just a diagnostic surgery? Why did he think it is obstructive without the BT result? Did he have a feel of DH and find out the missing van deferen?

Good to go vacation! Sometime u just need a break from the Ttc journey
    Last edited by bbhope; 31-07-2015 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Double post
    Last edited by bbhope; 31-07-2015 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey he has a lump near his epididymis but yes not 100% sure till the blood test! He said it was surgery for everything... To locate sperm and then they will freeze it... And even biopsy as well! I think it depends on bloods and the sperm sample taken when surgery is taking place! But hey he's taking all his vitamins I have put him on and till we know more not much we can do! Did you guys have surgery thru concepts! His first appointment and he was booked in said there's no point in messing around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, @ttc1981, i re-read my post, i didn't want to come across rude. I'm a bit blunt sometime and am sincerely wanting to help. We all know that some of the surgeries are so invasive that you really want to get it right the first time. That's why i am asking if you know what surgery DrA is doing. Sometime isn't a good idea to just go along with the Dr in this infertility journey. I don't trust Dr as much as i used to anymore after this journey. We sometime have to know everything, be the proactive one and ask questions.

TESA is what most would do at the first stage. That's using needle aspiration. If no sperm is found, then they might do an open biopsy -- TESE. TESE is quite invasive and the recovery time is like 6 months before you can try again. mTESE is the ultimate surgery, once and for all, which most of us have ended up doing out east. To be honest with you, if TESA doesn't find any sperm, there isn't really a point to do TESE but go straight to mTESE. I know some ladies DH had done TESE before doing the mTESE. I suspect that's because most don't know how to perform mTESE. If it is obstructive, great! All you need is TESA unless there is a quality issue. Then, TESE would be good one to try next.

With TESE/mTESE, in particular mTESE, you have to do IVF cycle along with it. No freeze. People who do mTESE is non-obstructive.

No, no one i know have done the surgery at concept. I know 3 of us from WA on BH have gone east for mTESE in the end. Non-obstructive case. With two of them (determinedone + someone inactive on the forum) who have gone through TESA/TESE here with pivet and hollywood. We went straight to mTESE knowing it is NOA. No point to mess around. DH BT results are all normal. The diagnosis is based on his medical history.

all the best.
    Last edited by bbhope; 01-08-2015 at 11:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your advice don't worry I am happy to take it all on board! Apparently we are doing just a TESA to see if there is sperm and the quality! I think if this comes back with nothing then we look elsewhere! I didn't go to the appointment as had court and I need to leave this up to my partner! They think it's obstructive because of the lump... He also had the lump check years ago so there pretty sure this is it! The doctor said a biopsy is done if they need too! He said another doctor is involved if it's more than he can handle! This is the avenue my partner wants to go at the moment! Honestly just happy to see what happens and we will go from there I don't think your blunt rather saying what is needed rather than beat around the bush
    Last edited by ttc1981; 02-08-2015 at 00:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick drop in to say that my waters broke this morning at 2.15am. I had no pains until about half an hour later on the way to the hospital. At the hospital they hooked me up for monitoring and promptly told me my pains were contractions.... very surprised as they just seemed like period pains??? The contractions started at 2 minutes apart, then 5 mins, then 15 mins, then 30mins, then stopped!! Go figure!! Trust my body to do the opposite of what it's meant to.

Spent most of the day waiting for my ob to show up, who told us his plan - if baby girl doesn't come naturally overnight, then it's a c-section tomorrow (Mon) afternoon. He said, since my waters have broken, that it's too risky to give me the drugs for an induction for a natural birth. So she'll be born one way or other tomorrow at 36w 4d - bit earlier than we were expecting, but there you go.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

DJ Nette  (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best, MGC Bertie!!!! I'll be thinking of you. xx