Closed Thread
Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ttc1981: DrT is new so I don't know what procedure he does. Since he has this speciality so I assume he knows a bit about male infertility. Sorry got carried away last night. I will write a list here later. As for counsellor, i would suggest go to see Iolanda. She is one of the concept donor counsellors but has a priv practice. GP can write a mental health plan, which allows you to have medicare rebate. She is under psychology category. Otherwise, normal counsellor (eg: from life skill) doesn't attract rebate as far as I know.

There is nothing wrong to be angry with the world.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Lol. I talked a lot last night. I must be drunk.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much... My GP actually works at concepts a day a week so she is going to go over everything with me tomorrow, what tests to get done, when to the SA again, what vitamins to go on (heard zinc, melatonin) and also get her to refer me to the private practice of the lady at concepts... I would usually have my Mum to talk to about this but she died suddenly just under 2 years ago so it has made it hard... I ran the business with her and that is My responsibility and we are about to move premise so much is happening it's all just a little overwhelming. It has affected my partner a lot as well he is great with me but at the moment he is feeling a little sensitive as well... Thanks again I'm so glad I found this page and you all have taken the time to write it's really made me get a clear plan in my head. So next step is go see my GP then take it from there xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc1981 View Post
    Thanks so much... My GP actually works at concepts a day a week so she is going to go over everything with me tomorrow, what tests to get done, when to the SA again, what vitamins to go on (heard zinc, melatonin) and also get her to refer me to the private practice of the lady at concepts... I would usually have my Mum to talk to about this but she died suddenly just under 2 years ago so it has made it hard... I ran the business with her and that is My responsibility and we are about to move premise so much is happening it's all just a little overwhelming. It has affected my partner a lot as well he is great with me but at the moment he is feeling a little sensitive as well... Thanks again I'm so glad I found this page and you all have taken the time to write it's really made me get a clear plan in my head. So next step is go see my GP then take it from there xx
    Hugs to you hun I lost my mum 3yrs ago then found out 3 mths after our azoo problem

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DeterminedOne For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (14-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ttc1981: i am having a backache today so can't bend for long to look for the BT that DH had done. On top of my head, i remember testosterone, FSH, LH, karyotyping, micro-deletion Y, cystic fibrosis and inhibin B. Perhaps your GP can add more. Some of these tests can't claim from medicare. Perhaps some of you ladies DH who recently went through the test can check if there is anything else?

As for vitamins, I can't help you on this one. DH was only on menevit. Me, on the other hand, was on all sort of vitamins the second time around, which i felt a bit too late after the first STIM. You mentioned melatonin. That's a prescription drug in Australia. I was using it to improve egg quality so don' know what it does on the male part.

As for the counsellor, I would suggest you call her office to make sure she is taking new client before asking for a mental health plan. She stopped taking new clients early this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ttc1981 I go through stages where I am ****ed off at the world. I can be fine for ages and then bam something happens and then I am angry at the world.
    @bbhope I know what you mean! I wish karma would come back and kick some people. Hopefully their time will come.

I must say I am not a religious person and my extent was just that I believed there was a god and that was it. Since finding out DH had azoo I have struggling with believing that there is a god because if there was why would he do this to us? Has anyone else had the same thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: neither DH nor i are religious. My parents are. That's why i am struggling to communicate with them at the moment. For once, in life, I prayed for a good outcome and would return what i promised. I did that because my parents told me how things sorted out in their favor whenever they prayed. Naively, I tried.......Then, bam, having my first chemical pregnancy. So no one in the world can ever convince me that there is God. Because of the religion, it is actually hurting my relationship with my parents at the moment. Sorry for offending anyone who believes in God.
    Last edited by bbhope; 14-07-2015 at 22:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that is sad about the relationship with your parents.

My DH's parents especially his mum is very religious. In the beginning she always said she was praying for us or praying that we will have kids. Since the TESA she hasn't said anything about praying. I have a feeling she still does pray for us but just doesn't say anything to make us sad.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: well, it is fine if they pray. They do what they think is right. It is a long story between me and my parents. Because I now have a strong feeling against religious belief, I didnt' want to hear anything about it but they wouldn't respect my will. It was all negatives and I just want to enjoy my pregnancy (had anxiety earlier on) than worrying about what i do would offend God and bring harm to the baby. I had to put the phone down aside once until they finished talking the "rubbish". That's why i didnt' even feel like telling them about the preg until 16w. I can go on and on but this is family drama and shouldn't make it a complaint board on the azoo thread. Anyway, after knowing what their reaction is with donor and IVF, i would rather they don't ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and I have decided not to tell anyone about his issue... I myself have PCOS and thyroid issues (I do ovulate though) so we can use that as why we are going to the fertility clinic... He is already over talking about it so looking forward to seeing my doctor today and finding out who is the best doctor to deal with this, book the other tests and have another SA done and go from there... Here was me stressing about being a Mum before I turned 35 now it's just coming down to I would like to just have a baby one day
    With your religious family just let them think and say what they need too and do what you need too... I have never believed in God and yes after all I have been thru these past few years and now adding this to the mix there is no way I believe in a mythical creature of God let along anything else!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-07-2015)