Closed Thread
Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear that you are sick. Get a lot of rest! I guess the only upside for using steroid is having a better immune system. Oh...don't want to jinx it DH is sick atm and I am already off the drugs.

It must be exciting to tell the parents. Haha.....not for us, after my first chemical, I have decided not to say anything until much later. I didn't even tell anyone about the FET (failed). I am glad I waited because my parents don't like to give me space and like to tell me what to do or not. It drives me crazy since they know. LOL.

Time flies...although feel like ages for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We just told my parents that we are pregnant and that we have used donor sperm. They were so excited!! I knew they wouldn't care about the donor sperm, but I was still nervous telling them. I think because we have kept it between ourselves for so long, that finally telling someone was a bit of a milestone. It wasn't too scary and I now feel a lot more comfortable telling other people 😀

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (10-07-2015),JenniwithanI  (12-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear @Barca07. Did they know DH problem before this? It was such a different reaction between my parents and MIL. My parents were more interested in knowing what kind of donor we chose (to the point that i was quite upset) but my MIL wanted to know more legal side of thing. Is anyone here has a interracial marriage? I've a question for you if you don't mind PM me. I could go back to see my counsellor again and ask the question but would like to hear someone in the same boat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, they only knew we were doing IVF for male factor but didn't know the exact reason.

We only told my parents about donor. We have decided to only really tell people if it comes up... When we told DH parents that we were expecting, it didn't come up so we didn't end up telling them about donor. When we told my parents it came up, so we told them.They were fine. They didn't really ask questions, all they asked was if we were keeping it to ourselves or if we would tell everyone else.
    Once we started telling them, I pretty much told them everything. It was a lot easier to talk about than I thought it would be so feel a lot more confident telling other people now

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope. Sorry, can't help you interracial

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I have an interracial marriage.

I am waiting on my FS appt in a couple of weeks to see where my eggs are at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Barca07: Glad to hear that your parents are OK with it. I find this very culture dependent.

Yup, it is up to individual couple to decide who to tell. We have agreed that only my parents will know and MIL (+DS, of course). DH has no problem for his mom to tell the rest of the family if she wishes. I doubt she would. The main reason is to make them aware that there is an azoo case in the family. Hopefully, it is an one off genetic misfired but who knows. I leave it up to DH to decide if any of our friend should know. Since he doesn't think is anyone business, I'll just keep it to ourselves. I think he is still feeling hurt about not being able to father a child biologically like everyone else we know. Certainly, we know that once the kid goes to school, pretty much every one at the school would know. We will deal with that later and our counsellor has given us a very good advice how to do that.

People who have donor kid(s) now might be able to answer my inner question. Do you actually hesitate for a second when people who has no clue about donor comment about how bub just like his/her father? Even now, before the bub is born, my voice seems to fade away or feel a bit sad whenever someone comments how bub is going to be just like DH. This comment came up when i said bub moves with the clock not meal time. DH always goes with his daily routine strictly with time. I certainly love this baby no matter what but it is very hard for me sometime to get my head around it whenever i get such comment.
    @Malak: will PM you for more specific questions.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Klinefelters and fertility

Hi all, I'm (sort of) new here. I posted a year or so ago in another thread about my partner who was diagnosed with Klinefelters as a teenager. Im 28, he's 32 and we're not TTC but I wondered if there's any others out there with similar diagnosis and what your experience has been? Have you had successful IVF with his sperm or had to go down the path of donor sperm? How long has the process taken? We're still not at the stage of TTC yet but I do wonder about the future and what difficulties Klinefelters will bring when the time comes.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis. It is devastating to find out about azoospermia.

My DH doesn't have klinefelter. All I know is that people with this has pretty high chance of finding sperms via TESE (doesn't even need mtese). There are also mosaic and non mosaic klinefelter. With any genetic cause, the clinic will want the couple to go through genetic counselling because there is a high chance of passing it to the biological children. With increased risk of breast cancer and klinefelter for son. You probably already know more than I do. in the severe case of klinefelter, people have learning difficulty etc. So it is a blessing and a curse. Easier to find sperms but you have to think if it is well worth the risk passing onto children. I read that >50% of termination rate when couples find out about their unborn to have kleinfelter. This is really sad.

This is from what I read and it would be useful to ask genetic counsellor when you plan to embark this journey.

As for donor, it depends on which state you live in. Some clinics do not have waiting list and have imported sperms. In WA, the waiting list is fairly long. Looking at a year and selection is limited. That's why a lot of us had traveled East. All couples have to go through mandatory counselling. It is good that u know about the diagnosis now and it gives you time to sink in the news and plan it all. Don't get me wrong when I said "good". It is never good news. To this date, I still couldn't believe it happens to us.

Edit: because we are in WA, we had to travel East for mtese. When no viable sperms, we go down the donor path. From TTC naturally (6months) to get this baby, it took us 3 yrs. We spent most of the time grieving and getting around with the idea of donor.
    Last edited by bbhope; 11-07-2015 at 02:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope..... yes, I still struggle when people say things about the baby going to look like DH. Strangely MIL (who knows about us using DS) brought up last week at the baby shower about the baby girl having the same hair colour as DH. I just sat there quietly thinking, maybe she doesn't remember us telling her it was DS?, or is it some ploy of hers to convince the people who don't know that it is DS, that it's actually DH's sperm? But it was really weird, as it would have been OK for someone who didn't know to start a conversation on that subject, but not really someone who does know.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 11-07-2015 at 17:54.