Closed Thread
Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep that is the new one we will see for mTESE. He refuses to see DrW that did the TESA.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Hi girls,

Apologies for being MIA. I have been reading and keeping an eye on everyone but started a new job in May which has consumed my time!

Have a cold so lying in bed today and wanted to check in and say hi.

Firstly, @DeterminedOne congrats on your 7 embies I think it was in the end! I understand why you wanted to wait to think about the donor. We too had no success at mtese as you know so fertilised with donor. It's a good idea to be just very sure. I must admit we didn't wait and just went ahead with the fresh transfer of donor sperm and I never told anyone but I was very up and down about it and kept focusing on the donor and had we done the right thing (we also went with known donor). In the end I had a chemical pregnancy and I think it was nature giving me more time. We waited another cycle and started again in January and here I am 24 weeks later loving and cherishing the baby growing inside of me and Mist importantly my DH is thrilled to bits and loving this baby more than me! He is so excited. So give yourself all the time you need.
    @Malak still no joy with getting your DH to consider donor? Maybe some counselling and education on the process would be healthy for you both? I also think you should personally still consider freezing your eggs - if not just to give you an option down the track so this cycle isn't completely wasted. You hear of women doing it all time to preserve their fertility. Anyway good luck with your working through this. Once you have a plan and a path you will know what direction to take.

@barca congrats on BFP! How is it going?
    @bbhope and @mgcbertie how are your pregnancies going by the sounds of things all going well and we're getting closer now to having Bubs in our arms after all this time x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Malak: jenni is right. It doesn't matter whether your DH wants to do donor or not. It would be good to store the eggs to preserve the fertility if nothing is found. I don't remember how old you are. It can be a concern if you are >35 yrs old. We weren't ready for donor at the time but had agreed to freeze all just in case we chose to do it down the track.

@Jenniwithanl: I am doing fine. Thanks for asking. I just agreed to go on a business trip two weeks ago. Booked the ticket. And then over the weekend, panic set in knowing it is a risk to fly at third trimester. This is my first and don't know what to expect at that stage (~29w). Heavy? Uncomfortable? Getting Braxton hicks? I know, i am always worried. I guess i am just too afraid of premature labour in a foreign country and worse if it is on the airplane. One lady at the other forum said that all her problems started developing later in the pregnancy (third trimester). Statistically, the chance is very slim for all of these but OB said that he can't guarantee that won't happen. It is very uncomfortable for the change in air pressure with the flight and advised me not flying for unnecessary trip. So.............i told boss yesterday. He didn't seem very happy since he has planned out the agenda for the trip. Sigh....if it is now, i won't have said no. Anyway, everything is going OK here. Next milestone will be the big 30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jenni.... yes the pregnancy is going very well. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow, but only in the last week have really slowed down. In the last four days I've been getting pains, different to what the baby has been giving me before, but I just think it's because she's bigger and stronger now. Thankfully it's school holidays at the moment, but I am beginning to wonder how I'm going to go back afterwards and still manage my last two weeks of work. I've packed up pretty much everything already at work, just in case ob says over holidays not to go back, or just in case she decides to come early!

So glad everything is working out for you too. DH loves feeling baby girl move about, and even more emotional is how much my Dad is in pieces about having the first baby in the family (possibly only, as neither my brother nor sister are married).

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DeterminedOne
    You've got your frosties now, so no need to rush. You and DH can come to terms with it in your on time Goodluck!

AFM we have our first scan tomorrow! I'm excited but also nervous and anxious. We will be 6w5d so fingers crossed we see a heartbeat

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (02-07-2015),MGC Bertie  (01-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Barca07! Yes, it shouldn't be too early at that stage.
    @MGC Bertie: you are only 32w and had done the antenatal class? I finally got a call from the hospital and they wont' schedule me for the class until 36w! After hearing what you said about pain, I am glad that I decided not to go for the trip. It is hard to predict what would happen once the baby gets bigger. Boss still didnt sound happy about it today because now he has to do my presentation for the trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bbhope I think that's smart. Sucks for your boss but you really can't take chances like that, because the what-ifs will stress you out.

Bertie glad to hear it's all going well. Again good move on packing up everything at work! You just never know.

Barca good luck with the scan! FX for a lovely strong HB.

I had my Skype appt with FS this morning! It was all very casual and straightforward. He said that I can just pick a transfer date and we can work the meds around it, which means I won't have to book my flights Perth-Brisbane last minute, whew. Gosh it was so good to see him again. He's so positive too, we were talking about the screening bloods, and he said, "you're about to get pregnant again, we just need to make sure everything's okay", and when I said I wanted a DET again, he was all, "gees are you sure, how many more kids do you want?" Hehe. He makes it all seem like it's GOING to happen, which is really nice even though I know it's probably not. :P He also said he reckons motherhood has changed me, made me more confident in myself, which was lovely to hear. And he said I looked great too, and that I must be well and truly back down to pre-baby-weight (which I have been for a year, lol). Anyway he's my favouritest person ever today.

So pleased that bit's over. Now I can just email with the nurse again to work out the rest. Can't believe I'm going to be PUPO in Sept, eeee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sariele: I know. It just makes me feel so guilty about canceling the trip. I know i shouldn't compare but the truth is that my male colleagues are really spending more time traveling, climbing their career tree than being with their young family (well, that's the complaint i heard from their wives at a regular coffee). I am just trying to find that balance between career and family life. I was put on the spot today on a telecon with a distant colleague asking why i pulled out. My boss was there too. I just said personal reason. No. i didn't say anything about me being pregnant. I don't want to sound like this is the reason that hinders my career. I'm in a male dominant profession.

Your FS sounds pretty positive. It is always good to have a proactive and positive FS! My FS is like that. If it wasn't her being a bit pushy in a good way for this and that, I wouldn't have done the transfer and be pregnant right now. BTW, i came across his name......he was on the newspaper, wasn't he? Well, I don't think it is relevant in a professional content.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My scan went well 😆 such a relief to see that little heartbeat! I didn't get the rate, but FS was happy.

Measuring 6w6d, so 1 day ahead.

Yay... So relieved and happy! Next scan is 2.5 weeks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    woohoo. Congrats! The machine normally isn't super accurate so +/-3 days is perfectly fine. So now you are formally graduated from the clinic.