Closed Thread
Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband is 3rd generation Australian, with a European background.
    I don't think it is in his family

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will have to ask about live birth rates when I go back. I know the 20% is based on sertoli only and on DrC performing them, so may be lower when you add in other forms of azoospermia.

I was talking to the FS about how so many with fertility issues these days and she said alot of it is because in our grant parents days they had kids late teens or early 20's now most people don't even start until 30 and some later than that and that a women's body is not designed to have them that late in life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is like a lottery ticket. 5% live birth rate is very low so we hit the odd in the negative side in the end. In DH case, it won't have changed anything if we decide to have a baby say in our early 20s. The only thing might be different for us is to spend more time travelling before doing the donor. Because it has been 3 yrs TTC, i am 30+ and DH wants to start a family, there is no reason for us to postpone any further. I know IVF is a lottery game as well.....I just turn out to be lucky with the donor cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! ::waves:: 😘😘

AFM: it's been a quiet and tough few days! Living and eating out of a motel room we've only left the room to change rooms lol anyway today we where able to get out for a drive at least it was great DP is still limited to mobility, we had a beautiful lunch and just enjoyed each other's company...for one day it felt like we where in holidays!!! I thought I'd end the day with a glass of red and I can tell you I'm thoroughly enjoying it....I know I probably should but I did...we are still deciding whether or not to transfer tomorrow and to talk about it over a glass of red is what I need...I've deserved it 🍷😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sure it was few difficult days! It is not an easy decision and something you would want to take it lightly. It could be a life changing decision. One u shouldn't regret.

Haha...I say go with the wine. It isn't going to do any harm. After all the $hit, a holiday is what u need.

Do u know how many still in progress on day 3?

Not that it is a deciding factor but I hope the clinic tells you that you don't get refund on transfer fee if no transfer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

On day 3 there where still 7 healthy embies she said I asked today when they rang but she said they don't check them today? I would have thought they would be keeping a close eye on them?

Yeah I thought as much BBhope it really doesn't surprise me....more money lol 💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

Thanks
    Reviews
    7 out of 7?! That's fantastic!!! Did they even tell you how many cells? I always only have one winner because most of them stop developing.

No they don't check every day as they don't want to disturb them and let them grow. It is a very delicate process.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    7 out of 7?! That's fantastic!!! Did they even tell you how many cells? I always only have one winner because most of them stop developing.

No they don't check every day as they don't want to disturb them and let them grow. It is a very delicate process.
    We had 9 collected and from that 8 where fertilized and 1 dropped off in the first 24 hours and then when they rang back on Sunday they said the remaining 7 where between 6-8 cells
    Last edited by DeterminedOne; 22-06-2015 at 19:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @DeterminedOne.
    Enjoy your wine 🍷, it's been a rough couple of days.

I don't think they check on day 4...They check on day 3 and then not again until transfer (I think..)

I hope you have a nice relaxing night. Goodluck with the decision!
    Do you know who will be doing the transfer, if you go ahead?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Barca07 🍷🍷

Yes DrP will be doing its who we have had the whole time. If we do go ahead with transfer is there anything I should or shouldn't do/eat/drink?? Over the coming days?