Closed Thread
Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope my DH for him sperm donor is no different than an affair. I think it is in his culture (he is not Australian) though, a friend of mine her hubby is from overseas too and has the same thoughts too.

I have come to terms that we may never have kids and maybe it is just our destiny to travel the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He might and might not change his mind. The exact same thing was brought up at the counseling session. Regardless what he thinks, I really think you both should go and talk to a donor/fertility counselor/psychologist. Don't see it as a way to convince him. It isn't just about donor, a lot of all other small little things like how this infertility journey would affect our marriage etc were discussed. I have gone through endless sessions individually after the mTESE. A good counselor really helps me through my depression last year.

I am from a more conservative culture than DH. However, I have lived oversea for so many years to see the good and bad. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just been to the FS to get tests for me. Anyway we were talking and she said that she sees the condition (not sure if she was talking azoo or sertoli) alot in people from around the same region as DH (he is not a born Australian). Anyone heard of this? The FS then went on to say that maybe there is something in that region.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting. What region is DH from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Middle East

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: this is vague. Unless we know which region you are talking about, there is no way to count the statistic. We are migrants. We aren't born here either. As far as I know, 1% men in the world are azoo. Believe it or not, i did look up if radiation etc have any impact on azoo even down to a specific region. The result is inconclusive. it is more like something went wrong in the genetic. An one off thing. No one in DH family has azoo but him. Not like CF that causes OA.

Good luck with the test!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok. Just saw the post. Nope DH isn't from Middle East.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting ... must just be based on her experience.

I did ask her how many are successful at mTESE and she said 20%. He said she has seen some go straight to DS, some call it quits and others go to mTESE and try their luck there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Based on drG stat. 10% found sperms among the one he operated. among that 10%, half has live birth. The success rate of finding sperms is really depends on the diagnosis. It is listed out at the Cornell website as I pointed out long time ago.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Yes I did know people who went straight to donor. For us, it is to know we have tried everything. We r lucky to have people here who do mtese. Some countries, the best they could so is TESA or TESE. And no donor sperm protection laws or even available to do that. In that case, people have to give up not having children. So I feel blessed of not living in one of those countries.