Closed Thread
Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Azoospermia #2

@Barca07: no side effect from pregnyl. It is just a booster. Hcg shot to trick your body that u r pregnant and thus producing more progesterone and delay the AF.
    @allykat: OA means obstructive azoospermia. All of our DH, who did mtese and no sperm found, have non obstructive azoospermia.

No. U don't get to choose which one to put in. The tech will pick the best one. I still don't get the day 3 logic from your clinic. They might well just grow the to day 5 and freeze. Day 3 embies don't survive the thaw process very well. Let's say if u don't have any day 5 and 6. Will they thaw all the day 3 to grow to day 5 before the transfer? If they do that and transfer one, re-freezing the rest, I am not sure how well the rest will survive the second thaw. I don't think is cost effective for them either.

They could grow one day 3 and if that doesn't work, you have nothing to transfer for another cycle. This means that they are likely to just do day 3 transfer. In any case, I am just speculating because it is a very weird protocol.
    @Sariele: yes, I always have one embie fast dividing than the rest. Have you sort out with the clinic in Perth about the monitoring?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Interesting discussion about the boy/girl. Our 5 day embies were so slow growing that we were told not to even bother with the transfer as there was less than 1% chance that they would take. (we transferred 2 due to our previous lack of success)

That super slow growing emby is now a very speedy 21 month old girl.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (30-05-2015),JenniwithanI  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 😊 How's everyone going?
    I'm due to fly out Monday the first appointment Tuesday for orientation then start injections when AF arrives. I'm so nervous & excited ✨✨✨✨

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DeterminedOne For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is normal to be nervous. Not long now until you move onto the next step. Did you sort it out with DrR for the govt travel aid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    BTW, re: the boy/girl discussion, I didn't just hear it from somewhere, i read it on a journal paper for the study.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    Hi @DeterminedOne.
    I saw your post on the June thread...
    Congrats on starting your first cycle

Which Sydney clinic are you using?
    Fingers crossed for the mTESE! Will you have a back up plan?

DH and I did our first cycle in April... We did EPU and mTESE on the same day. Unfortunately for us, the mTESE wasn't successful, but we had donor sperm on backup so at least it wasn't a wasted cycle.
    Hi Barca07 OMG I'm so sorry I didn't see this til now! Has anyone been having trouble with notifications not working?

Yeah we are also doing the EPU and MTESE on the same day we are with IVFA and have DS backup.

What's your DH diagnoses? Mines Sertoli cell only...I'm sorry to hear of your outcome with DH how did you fair a transfer? we are very very hopeful for a positive outcome either way we get our family as is everyone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    They used ICSI on 15 eggs. When they called yesterday 10had fertilised for sure but 5 of them hadn't progressed as fast, at the time of speaking to us they didn't want to 100% rule them out invade they were slow developers. As for freezing them on different days, I have no idea really for their reasoning. That's a question I'll have to ask at my follow up. Now I have to get my body healthy as I have mild/moderate OHSS. It's hard for me to drink 2-3 litres a day as I barely drink. DP is walking around like he's on ice skates, I think he's doing better than I expected. It's amazing, you can barely see the incision, it just looks like a small divot.
    @allykat111did DP have the MTESE? Who's your clinic again? My DP is dreading it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

@DeterminedOne DP had TESE, the TESA although found some sperm, they were not quality to freeze so he went in for the TESE. He has OA and I'm certain the FS was determined to get a decent result as he was never meant to have a TESA in the 1st place but our FS was away at the time and the new doc felt they knew better I guess. He's actually doing really well. He went out to his workshop today and did some work and is walking less like he's ice skating and a bit more normal. He says it's still sore though.
    Good luck with your procedure.
    Oh and our clinic is Flinders Fertility in southern Adelaide.
    Last edited by allykat111; 30-05-2015 at 19:59.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (31-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @detetmineone: yes, either way you are going to have a family. The best would be DH bio child. It takes years to get this far. It is good to move forward and "fix" the feeling of dreading for a child for so long. It is a start not the end.

TESE is not as invasive as mTESE. They open up and only need to take a sample. Because is OA, it will have enough sperms to freeze in the future. TESE or TESA is what u would do with OA. With NOA, mtese is the only way to go. A slicing and dicing to find that small pocket of sperms. the number of sperms they are going to find will only be a handful, just enough for fertilisation. Quality is a different story. Xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (31-05-2015),JenniwithanI  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @JenniwithanI: yes, I heard that IVF ICSI resulted in more boys. The theory is that boy embies tend to divide faster than the girls. When it comes to day 5, that's the one being picked for transfer. Statistically speaking it is true but no one can say it for sure. It would be interesting if our bio embies work out and a good test for this theory. One was an on time grower and one was a slow
    grower. One day 5, one day 6.

Anyway, I had one on time dividing embie and two slow growth embies this time. The slow growth are day 6. I don't know if I would ever want a second child. I always just want to have one. If I would, it would've been interesting to test the theory as you know that I am having a boy.

I am not a fan of transferring day 3 embie. In a natural case, day 3 embie isn't in the uterus but still somewhere in the tube. So no benefit of transferring it earlier unless there is only one embie for the cycle. Growing to day 5 is a natural selection process to wipe out those incompetent ones. A lot of low cost clinics only do day 3 transfer and thus lower success rate. one might end up spending more $ with a low cost clinic because most of those transfers won't have resulted in pregnancies.

With all the luck in the world for your journey @DeterminedOne.
    I also heard it had something to do with the motile and speedy swimmers. With ICSI they, the embryologists like to pick the most motile and quickest swimmers - well that's what the embryologist told us. And typically the faster swimmers are the boys and because the sperm is injected straight into egg it's a higher chance the embryologists are picking male sperms to inject. That's why they say it's rarer to have a girl in IVF ICSI and if you do, it's one strong, hardy girl due to the chances of being picked in the beginning. But I read all this and really the percentage were still extremely close to 50%. I think the chances of boys increased to 56% and girls decreased to 44%.