Closed Thread
Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Looks like AF is here

When I spoke to the nurse about our next FET cycle, she said it was best to have a normal cycle (to give the ovaries a break) and then go into a FET cycle.

I'm really keen to just keep on going next cycle, without a break.
    Mentally and emotionally I'm ok and just want to keep going. I physically feel ok too.

What does everyone think? Have you done a stim and FET cycles back to back? Or should I take the nurses advice and have a month off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, what's involved in an FET cycle? Are there injections, drugs??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @DeterminedOne: get back to your questions when I have time tonight.
    @Barca07: have you done BT? I am surprised that the nurse made a quick conclusion and open up the discussion of FET before the confirmation. What day r u now? It is common for some women to get period like cramp during tww. I was one of those for my first cycle. I even got implantation spotting for 5 days. I thought it was a super light period. It was a bfp, although it ended in chemical preg.

As for FET, yes, it is recommended to take a break but it is up to you really. No one is going to say no if u want to keep going. I took a LONG break. 8 months for various reasons. The protocol will depend on FS. Some like natural FET if your period is regular. I did natural but I added on immune treatment which involves injections. As a precaution, FS also added in pregnyl injection for that cycle but I opted it out for my third. Everyone situation is different. You have to talk to FS if it is a failed cycle.

Fx that it isn't over yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DeterminedOne View Post
    Call from the nurse yesterday confirming SR and EPU on the 17th June! Super excited found out DrP will be doing both surgeries (apparently it's not uncommon for this to happen)
    Need to book leave and flights as I will be over there for the duration from day 1 until embie transfer.

Can anyone give me a rough idea what will happen on what day?

After ET how long will I have to wait to go back to work?

Also after DP mTESA how long will it be before he can fly home? I could imagine that sitting in a plane 2-3 days after would be great????
    Just sent you some info. It is just the standard length and it can vary from person to person. There is no one size fits all protocol. Did the nurse tell you she will send you the synarel (sniffer) to start and a schedule? The schedule she writes will be tailored to your case. In my case, if i remember correctly, the pill first. It didn't go for the full month. 2 weeks? Then, once period started, called the clinic. They instructed me to do day 2 BT to check baseline. Baseline, started sniffing synarel for a while. I flew out to pick up meds. I started injection for about 10 days. During that 10 days, they did BT and scan on certain day. They usually told me when. Trigger injection night. The next day is injection free day. Then, your mTESE + EPU. So.....you can count backward 12 days from mTESE day. That would be the day you start injection. As i said, everyone is different. It is best to ask the nurse your schedule.

You can go back to work after ET right away. I took time off work afterward each ET to relax, though. ET is a very simple procedure. It is like a pap test except you don't get swapped for a sample.

As for flying home, it really depends on the situation. If he has complication like Malak's DH, i doubt he can fly home anytime soon! My DH basically just rest at the hotel for good 5 days. He didn't even shower for few days (yuck!) to avoid any unnecessary contact with the wound. No walking, no sitting and just lying on the couch like a king. I grabbed him to come to the ET with me on day 5. He had to walk incredible slow and funny (avoid rubbing the balls again). We just stayed a day longer to chill out. Then, we flew back. So from EPU/mTESE to flying was 7 days. I must say that he had it easier as compared to most of the ladies DH here. He said that it wasn't painful but quite uncomfortable to sit on the flight. He managed. It took him about 2w to be able to sit without the uncomfortable feeling again. A good 1 month to feel normal.
    Last edited by bbhope; 22-04-2015 at 22:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my blood test today, 9dp5dt and they said my HCG level was 26!! This was a surprise, as was expecting 0! They said my progesterone is also low so they have doubled my dose from 400/day to 800/day

I know this is low, and I have been spotting since Tuesday afternoon (like a medium flow period, with some clots.. Sorry TMI), so not very hopeful at this stage!!

I'm back for another blood test on Monday to check the levels, but I'm thinking it is a Chemical pregnancy

Has anybody else had similar low numbers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Just sent you some info. It is just the standard length and it can vary from person to person. There is no one size fits all protocol. Did the nurse tell you she will send you the synarel (sniffer) to start and a schedule? The schedule she writes will be tailored to your case. In my case, if i remember correctly, the pill first. It didn't go for the full month. 2 weeks? Then, once period started, called the clinic. They instructed me to do day 2 BT to check baseline. Baseline, started sniffing synarel for a while. I flew out to pick up meds. I started injection for about 10 days. During that 10 days, they did BT and scan on certain day. They usually told me when. Trigger injection night. The next day is injection free day. Then, your mTESE + EPU. So.....you can count backward 12 days from mTESE day. That would be the day you start injection. As i said, everyone is different. It is best to ask the nurse your schedule.

You can go back to work after ET right away. I took time off work afterward each ET to relax, though. ET is a very simple procedure. It is like a pap test except you don't get swapped for a sample.

As for flying home, it really depends on the situation. If he has complication like Malak's DH, i doubt he can fly home anytime soon! My DH basically just rest at the hotel for good 5 days. He didn't even shower for few days (yuck!) to avoid any unnecessary contact with the wound. No walking, no sitting and just lying on the couch like a king. I grabbed him to come to the ET with me on day 5. He had to walk incredible slow and funny (avoid rubbing the balls again). We just stayed a day longer to chill out. Then, we flew back. So from EPU/mTESE to flying was 7 days. I must say that he had it easier as compared to most of the ladies DH here. He said that it wasn't painful but quite uncomfortable to sit on the flight. He managed. It took him about 2w to be able to sit without the uncomfortable feeling again. A good 1 month to feel normal.
    Thanks Bbhope information like that is priceless I won't here from the nurse for a few more days. She got in contact with me to let me know dates so I could book flights and organize time off, which has been great as I've told my boss I will need 4-6 weeks off he was fine with that some of it will be unpaid leave tho!

I am unsure I should tell dp about the above info due to his anxiety and stress Ouse already may just add to the cause and I don't want that, but I do think he should know?? Tough one!!!

I've started on the pill and I will be on it for 6 weeks straight?? Not sure why just the instructions I was given.

Once again thanks for that information, it certainly sheds some light on what to expect

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

@DeterminedOne: my DH doesn't want to know anything. I just research and read it off for him. Nope. Don't show him the YouTube video of the mTESE. I was disappointed that he didn't seem to want to get involved. Then I realised that most men are like that. They just show up for the procedure. Women drive fertility journey.
    @Barca07: stay positive. It is not the end. It is bfp! I guess that's the reason why most clinics don't test until 16dpo. If it keeps rising, it doesn't matter how low it starts with. So by Monday, it should be over 100. Both of my chemical preg started very differently. The first one was a miracle bfp with good hcg and p4. But sadly, it ended at 5w. The second one was low number on 16dpo, which I already knew that it was over. I wasn't the most positive on my second ET for various reasons.

Fx for u then. It is still early!
    Last edited by bbhope; 24-04-2015 at 00:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for the pill, they might just want to regulate your period. I had severe side effect with the pill in the past so maybe that's the reason FS didn't want to put me on it for that long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geezus!!! Everywhere I turn there friggin pregnant ppl, mums and bubs, announcement of being pregnant or just had a bub!!!! Please give me a break🙏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just think about it would be your time in two months.