Closed Thread
Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @barca I'm glad you have piece of mind. Good luck with your journey. @bbhope I'm not sure what protocol means. I'm still so fresh at all the lingo. If you mean what drugs are they giving me, I can't remember. They leave all that until my app with the nurses. We seem to have more to do with the nurses than the actual FS. Funny because to have consultations with the nurses are free but often more informative but apps with FS cost around $90 and go over my head half the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So far the fees haven't hurt too much at flinders fertility. With all our appointments so far including TESA we've probably paid under $1000. For some reason they are bulk billing DPS TESE. Can't complain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Azoospermia #2

Allykat: TESE is a quicker procedure than mTESE. If I remember correctly, dh was in for 2.5hrs. Oh....and phone consult has no medicare rebate either. So kinda suck for interstate patient.

Barca: Ya, I think the price tag is about right. If I have my fs to do it, it is only half the price! We also gota $600+ from the pathlab for sending the sample to test. We didnt get anything back as I mentioned. No medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm struggling with the temptation to POAS.

I think I'm going to do it on Tuesday, 7dp5dt. What do you think? Still too early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    I'm struggling with the temptation to POAS.

I think I'm going to do it on Tuesday, 7dp5dt. What do you think? Still too early?
    Nope, as long as you use FRER. Don't be tempted by cheaper brands, they could give you a false negative!! 7dpt = 12dpo, so you should absolutely see something by then, even if it's only faint.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you on pregnyl? If not, you can try.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (19-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    DeterminedOne:
    That's great you're moving forward.

It is such a relief when things start to actually happen.

Are you using DrG for mTESE? And what FS is doing your egg collection?
    @Barca I'm still talking with the nurse but I am assuming from our Skype appointment that DrP will be doing the mTESE and egg collection? He's on holidays and said that if we want to get it underway asap we may have to use DrG or DrManny but we are still waiting to get access to DS list so he's putting me in the pill then I'll start injections and he will keep a track of me.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

I find it hard to believe that DrP would do both procedures. It is not impossible but jumping from one surgery to a complete different one is mind bugging. If it is egg collections back to back, I won't be surprised. MTESE needs a lot of concentration and it is like a 2hrs long surgery vs 20mins for EPU. Anyway, DrP knows what he is doing.

It isn't too long of a wait anymore. It needs planning for interstate anyway. If you would have to use DrG and DrM, you will have to do the formal consultation with both of them. DrG doesn't do female side of thing since he is an urologist. I said this because each one has their own stim protocol.
    Last edited by bbhope; 20-04-2015 at 00:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know I wouldn't think he would do it all either, I think I'll find out more when I speak to the nurse this week. Need to call first day of AF
    Last edited by DeterminedOne; 21-04-2015 at 11:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call from the nurse yesterday confirming SR and EPU on the 17th June! Super excited found out DrP will be doing both surgeries (apparently it's not uncommon for this to happen)
    Need to book leave and flights as I will be over there for the duration from day 1 until embie transfer.

Can anyone give me a rough idea what will happen on what day?

After ET how long will I have to wait to go back to work?

Also after DP mTESA how long will it be before he can fly home? I could imagine that sitting in a plane 2-3 days after would be great????

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DeterminedOne For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-04-2015)