Closed Thread
Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Barca.... I'm so sorry that they didn't find any sperm. At least you know that you've tried everything possible to have a biological child, and will be able to move on with no regrets, no matter how raw it is at the moment. But great work with the eggies - good luck that the donor sperm pulls you over the line. Was it anonymous or a know donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so sorry to hear that DrG didn't find any sperm. It will take time for your DH to process. It doesn't hurt less even though you guys must have gone through the mind set of proceeding with the donor as back up. We didn't. It took us nearly a year after the mTESE to move forward. Just like Bertie said, you know that you have tried everything. Take it one day at a time.

That's a good number of eggs! FX that they all progress well and you have a good embie to transfer on day 5 and few to freeze. I hope to hear good news on this end. Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks the support Ladies!

We weren't expecting DrG to find any... But there is always a little part of you that is holding out hope! And a little part of you that gets disappointed all over again. But like you girls have said, at least we've tried everything now!!

We started our rollercoaster in Perth, where after a biopsy the FS said there was nothing else we could do and donor sperm was our only option. So have been working through the whole donor thing for about 9months now. It does take time, but does get easier

When we moved to Sydney and changed clinics, they said we could try mTESE. Because we had already come to terms with donor sperm, they were nice enough to let us have some in backup yesterday

They just called again, and from the 12 collected, we have 8 fertilized!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sorry to hear the news. I was hoping you would find some since you had 1 abnormal sperm at biopsy ... that gave me hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Barca07: didnt' know that you were another Perth lady. It is kinda hopeless here in this "country town". Everything is 10 yrs behind the east coast. We went straight to mTESE after the advices on the thread. Perth FS could only do TESE with donor back up and yet giving us zero chance. It is a long wait on the donor list. Perth clinics have been talking about sperm importation for ages. I don't even know when that's going to happen. Believe it or not, I am still not yet at the top of the list here. I told DH that it would have been easier if we were TTC when he was still living in sydney! It's so funny how life works out sometime.

8 mature eggs, isn't it? That's 100% fertilization rate! It does make a huge difference with good sperms. Now, they just need to divide!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw this article on facebook and thought it might be of interest to some of you: http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/...-1227299910083

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (11-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Malak. One name is very familiar in this article....

I believe we have all well informed about all kind of scenarios at the counseling. Australia doesn't allowed complete unknown donor anymore. All open ID. That's all donor conceived will be central registered. The children will be able to find out the full identity of the bio father at 18. Some children might be interested in finding out the donor and half sibling, some aren't. There is nothing wrong about it. It is their right.

I asked my counselor some questions when I saw a forum with all angry donor conceived children once. She said that most happy ones don't post! And i did notice that almost all of them are complete anonymous. We have to be keep in mind when reading these stories is that we don't know their family background that well, eg: how they were brought up. Interesting.......i haven't come across any donor conceived children who are brought up by homosexual couples just yet. Maybe they don't make a good story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope with anything you never hear the good stories always the bad ones.

Maybe donors of samesex couples don't have any issues as they have known from a very young age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What did u mean by good stories are bad ones?

Yes, the study suggests that donor conceived children who know from young age are coping better. And there are a few real examples from timeline interview. It is the parents choice. No one has any control over it. Because of the study, two of the counsellors we went through have advised us to tell the donor conceived children from young age such as incorporating into bed time stories. We aren't at that stage. we need to have the bub to be born safe and sound first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope you must have misread what I wrote. I said you always hear the bad stories never the good stories regardless of what the issues are ie. If someone has a bad experience with a hotel or school or something you hear about it but if it is good experience you very rarely hear about it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-04-2015)