Closed Thread
Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    On a side note.... I spent a good 10 minutes explaining my DH's side of his family to a genetics clinic the other day. Later on I realised, d'oh, it's donor sperm, so had to ring back and get them to forget everything I'd said!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have the problem of it being central registered. That's the reason we chose an open ID donor. But I thought that's fertility clinic responsibly not the hospital. I might have to read the donor registry booklet again. When we went through the counselling, we were told that the OB or the the nurse doesn't even have to know. You will be just like any other couple. As for the health of the child, as long as the child knows in the future, I don't see the reason that it has to be shared with the hospital staff right away.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

To add, the clinic is very hand off after the scan. It is up to us to decide if we want to see an ob or go public. No one at the clinic ever asks us which hospital we are planning to give birth. It was the gp who wrote the referral, not FS. So for the history, it would be OB who will write and pass on the info. I bet the clinic will get in touch with us when the due date comes. And perhaps verify the born of the the child with the hospital. That's all. With an unknown donor, we don't know much about his genetic history anyway so I don't see why the hospital has to know it.
    Last edited by bbhope; 30-03-2015 at 22:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob knew, bbhope. I can't remember if it was on my GP referral, but I definitely told him anyway. I thought it was important since he'd be monitoring my pregnancy that he knew everything he could about the baby, including what I knew about the donor's health history and such. No one else knew when I was in hospital though, no MWs or nurses or anything. I think I have told at least one doctor since he was born too, when discussing family history of allergies and that kind of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I think I did tell OB verbally about the donor on my first visit since I gave him a summary of the history. I guess I was just upset that the entire OB office (all staff) knows about it because of the GP referral. Just trying to protect dh feeling of letting everyone on the street to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told my ob but honestly I don't think he cared or even remembered . I mentioned it at the first appointment and then it was never talked about again. None of the midwives or hospital staff new anything. I even went to my usual gp to get a new referral for my FS and he said so it hasn't happened naturally? Um no! He even saw my DH the month before for a testosterone test and still doesn't remember!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TwoSouls.... big LOL at what your GP said. Even though I've seen my GP a dozen times or more in the past three years, and have tried to "educate" her about IVF and immune issues, I really think she still doesn't get it. It's really weird, because you would think a GP would be more interested than anyone to learn something new, especially when it's in their medical field.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gp didn't even know what OPK's were when we first TTC

10. The Following User Says Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol. Same here. I told GP about the intralipid. she doesn't know what it is and has no interest in knowing more. Haha....she said something upset me a little bit when we were struggling with the donor picking process. I told her that if that's this easy, I could just pick a random guy from the bar and get knocked up. When I went back to get a referral for OB after the bfp, i said something quite rude unintentionally. She was glad that I picked a donor so fast soon after and got preg. I said "oh...just like you said, we picked a random guy." She was taken aback and I didn't apologize. Lol. Anyway, my gp has been good in getting what I want so far, no complain. I don't have any good confidence with gp care alone, though. I feel like I am treating myself everytime I go in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @DeterminedOne: I really hope that you don't have adenomyosis! Endo is an easy fixed with the surgery but you will have a difficult time to get preg with adenomysosis even after the surgery. I just learned that from the NK cell thread. It is more common for women who already have 1 child, though. If you have ovarian cysts that are potentially cancerous, it will also trigger CA125. Interesting that DrP tested you so many things. I wish my FS was a bit more throughout the first time around! I did do CA125 test only after they found a cyst on the scan.

By removing endo even the mildest case will increase the pregnancy rate. FS suggested me to do the laparoscopic surgery if this cycle didn't work out. This is on top of another hysteroscopic myomectomy surgery that FS certainly wanted me to do. I don't have any endo symptom but an exploratory surgery will rule it out (if any, remove). Thanks goodness for the BFP.

I am doing OK. I am still in the anxiety mood sometime not knowing if the bub is still growing.

So what's the plan? Are they going to wait until you get on top of the donor list to set a date for the mTESE or what? May? That's a very short waiting time. Perhaps they still have left over of US donors from the recent shipment.
    So I went for my scan on Tuesday the dr told me I had nothing to worry about and everything looked good!!! YAY I do have two small fibroids that's are present but again nothing to worry about apparently. I am waiting the report now and a follow up appointment with DrP. We have had donor counseling and are awaiting access to the profiles now which I need to make contact at the end of this month to gain that access. If we can choose a donor back we will be looking at possible June for our first cycle 🎉🎉 hooray finally🎉🎉

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeterminedOne For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (02-04-2015)