Closed Thread
Page 29 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Geezus looks like I've been missing a bit!!! I've been checking bubhub and no new posts have been coming since I posted they other day! Today I check in and I've missed from the 18/03 for some reason???

Ok so....
    @Malak is just a waiting game for a few months until you can do mTESE what vitamins do you have DH on?
    @bbhope how are you going hun? All good I hope!
    @jennwithanl how are you traveling?

@MGCbertie nice to see you popping in still I read your post your last 3 yrs and about oop. Wow I'm like you, I need to know that we tried everything possible to get our own bio (who knows we may just be in that percentage of the lucky ones) if not then I guess this is a part of our child's journey and they will know when the time is right to what degree we went to to have them in our life and make our family.

Update on our situation! So we had another Skype app with DrP, my ca125 came back as elevated at 61 so he wants a scan done to see what it is (endo or adenomyosis) then probably surgery to remove it.

DP inhibin b came back low 10< DrP said that reduces from the 50% chance to 0-35% DP is still all for this procedure as he need closure as do I

From there we are back on the wait list for DS back up and will most likely reach the top by May maybe before so in the interim we need to get counseling for DS and sort my issue out, anyone felt with endo or adenomyosis on here if so out come?

Hugs to you all 💞💞💞

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeterminedOne For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2015),JenniwithanI  (25-03-2015),MGC Bertie  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @DeterminedOne: I really hope that you don't have adenomyosis! Endo is an easy fixed with the surgery but you will have a difficult time to get preg with adenomysosis even after the surgery. I just learned that from the NK cell thread. It is more common for women who already have 1 child, though. If you have ovarian cysts that are potentially cancerous, it will also trigger CA125. Interesting that DrP tested you so many things. I wish my FS was a bit more throughout the first time around! I did do CA125 test only after they found a cyst on the scan.

By removing endo even the mildest case will increase the pregnancy rate. FS suggested me to do the laparoscopic surgery if this cycle didn't work out. This is on top of another hysteroscopic myomectomy surgery that FS certainly wanted me to do. I don't have any endo symptom but an exploratory surgery will rule it out (if any, remove). Thanks goodness for the BFP.

I am doing OK. I am still in the anxiety mood sometime not knowing if the bub is still growing.

So what's the plan? Are they going to wait until you get on top of the donor list to set a date for the mTESE or what? May? That's a very short waiting time. Perhaps they still have left over of US donors from the recent shipment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    @DeterminedOne thanks for the shout out and asking. I am well! Just plugging along with this pregnancy and feeling great. Did harmony tests today and due to the fact we have known older DS and it was IVF ICSI we opted for the total chromosome tests which could throw up false positive but rather be absolutely sure than not. Fingers crossed all good. So far all our check ups have been positive. Sounds like you have a bit of path to focus on before May but it will all come around quickly and I'm sure it will sort itSelf out. That is great you have come around to DS as back up for May. Obviously we did exactly that and ended up being able to use our donor with fresh eggs when my DH had the mTESE result in no sperm. And here we are! Good luck
    @bbhope sent you a PM xx
    @Malak definitely do it for closure. We were given 1% from the beginning and still did it. With the dramas of my DH on the operating table almost didn't seem worth it and now with his slightly smaller left Testie we sort of giggle and look it as war wounds. But he can look his future child in the eye and say I did everything to be your bio dad. And he will be a dad. That's what matters most.

@mgcbertie how are you!? Did you do harmony out of interest? And the x Y chromosomes test?

Oh and girls guess what!? My sister in law and brother found out they are having a girl so I'll a baby niece!! Three months before my bub!!

X

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2015),DeterminedOne  (02-04-2015),MGC Bertie  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne sometimes I don't get notified for hours of posts.

DH is on menevit and zinc supplements. I am in 2 minds if we so spermhope or not. As @Jenniwithanl said it is doing everything possible to say you tried and sometimes I think just to do spermhope so we can say that we left no bridge unturned.

DH doesn't want to use credit card or loan to pay for the mTESE and (hopefully) IVF so we are waiting till later in the year when we have the $$ and leave as well (we have just booked a small holiday away to get away from all the infertility stuff).

What is adenomyosis? Also do either of them have symptoms?

Question the blood tests that DH does with FSH etc are they all covered by Medicare and will a FS do a repeat on them? I am more curious than anything if DH's FSH level has changed like @DererminedOne.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Malak: adenomyosis is caused by endo tissues grow into the uterus. Endo is caused by tissues grow outside the uterus. The symptoms are similar, painful, long and heavy period, passing clot during period etc.

I think medicare gives rebate if you repeat them. But how do i know.....tests used to be covered arent anymore. My 10w BT isn't bulk bill. I only know that ultrasound rebate is only allowed once every 30 days. I have OOP for few of these.

Good to take time off if you aren't in a rush. It is a long journey for the azoo with all the waiting, tests etc. Not easy. It took us 3 yrs to get this far........(good that age is on my side).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-03-2015),JenniwithanI  (26-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jenni... I did do the Harmony test, which was just as well as our NT scan and BT came back as high risk for Downs (1:20), but when the Harmony test came back it was low risk (1:10,000). The NT test is only 60-65% accurate, whereas the Harmony test is 99% accurate, so we're going with that one! I want to find out the sex, but it wasn't on the report. I tried to get my ob to phone for it, but they never got it. Anyhow, my 20 week scan is now only 2 weeks away, so hopefully we'll find out then.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Jenni... I did do the Harmony test, which was just as well as our NT scan and BT came back as high risk for Downs (1:20), but when the Harmony test came back it was low risk (1:10,000). The NT test is only 60-65% accurate, whereas the Harmony test is 99% accurate, so we're going with that one! I want to find out the sex, but it wasn't on the report. I tried to get my ob to phone for it, but they never got it. Anyhow, my 20 week scan is now only 2 weeks away, so hopefully we'll find out then.
    Hi Bertie, maybe they just selected the first of three options which was to look for downs rather than adding gender in which is the second option. You did have to tick that box if you wanted it. I opted for option three which was for downs, gender and male chromosomes but requested not to know sex unless it's a positive result. The only issue with the third option it increases chance of false positive from .3% to 1.5% so they probably wanted the more accurate reading in your case and suggested option 1.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DeterminedOne: since you mentioned laparoscopic surgery for possible endo removal, I should let u know that the recovery time from the surgery is solid 2w minimum. I was feeling a bit bump at the time when I was told to do it if this round fails because it would be more time off work and will push the whole ivf thing until second half of the year. I had taken 2w off work just to do this fresh stim. This was doing all the cycle monitoring here in Perth, which I won't recommend if you can take a month off and have a place to stay in syd. I always take some time off during TWW as well. Time to save up annual leave.

You said May for ivf, so it is quite a tight schedule. If u want recommendation for dr, I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a question. Did any of you (@twosouls, @MissJude ?) tell your OB about the donor? I wasn't planning to but my GP didn't ask my opinion and wrote it on the referral. I was a bit annoyed by that especially everyone at the OB office read the referral. I didn't even remember if I told dh after the fact but I am sure that he won't be amused. We really don't want every single midwives and drs at the hospital know about this. Now, we have a second chance to correct this. I would request the OB to send a referral without donor wording. I don't see why it has to be on paper. Verbal info would have been enough. I am just curious what you gals did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I have a question. Did any of you (@twosouls, @MissJude ?) tell your OB about the donor? I wasn't planning to but my GP didn't ask my opinion and wrote it on the referral. I was a bit annoyed by that especially everyone at the OB office read the referral. I didn't even remember if I told dh after the fact but I am sure that he won't be amused. We really don't want every single midwives and drs at the hospital know about this. Now, we have a second chance to correct this. I would request the OB to send a referral without donor wording. I don't see why it has to be on paper. Verbal info would have been enough. I am just curious what you gals did.
    My FS shared the full background - by law they have to. It's a legal obligation that the hospital has the full details of the conception for the safety of your child's identity. In VIC when a donor baby is born, they go onto a central registry which they can access when they are 18. Regardless of whether your OB knows, IVFA will have to notify hospital and registry. X

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniwithanI For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-03-2015)