Closed Thread
Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs. It is still worth the effort to do the surgery for a closure. DrP might say few rare cases, though. So I think there might be still tiny hope there.

As for endo, i don't know much about them. I suspect I have it as well. Fs was suggesting hsyteroscopy and laparoscopic of this cycle don't work for me. Lap is quite a big surgery, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @DererminedOne. I hate when they tell you incorrect information. When DH had his TESA the first nurse told me that had found sperm!

So with these results does that mean that maybe mTESE isn't an option or will you do it anyway just to rule out all options of a biological child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne one the plus side. When DrW spoke with DrC he said he had done 6 with sertoli and had found sperm in 2 of them. There is still some hope

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (17-03-2015),JenniwithanI  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Geezus!!! how bl()()dy stupid do they think we are?? How bl()()dy insensitive cancan these ppl be?? mean seriously...

yesterday arvo I go a call from one off the nurses about the interstate travel form we asked if they would sign. On our last app we told DrR that we wanted do go with the m-TESE and because the clinic didn't do it we would be going east. DrR was quiet happy of our decision and would sign off on the paper work.

Anyway Id rang last week to see how this paper work was going. I rang again on Monday and the person I spoke to told me they'd have to get the nurse to call me....so she did!!

She told me they wouldn't sign the paper work because they perform this surgery at the clinic. I told her no you don't you do the MESA which is different. She sat there and told me that they have had a urologist fly over to teach one of there drs. I asked her to provide proof of what procedure they perform as we want the mTESE she had to ask me what the different is?????? F*KME!!!! I explained the difference she couldn't tell me which one they do??? I asked her to email the procedure when she found out!

I then told her I had concerns with them performing this with no timed cycle....now I don't give a **** what your stats/graphs tell them but they need to give everyone that has a problem the best possible chance of having there own biological child! They seriously don't care f*king care how we feel do they its all a money making game to them!!!

I asked her how would you feel if your DP done the surgery they found 5sperm then they all didn't make the unfreezing process??? How would you feel knowing you had a chance??? I told her that this situation has had serious impact on my DPs depression and if he know that there was 5 chance but not now it would be absolute devastation!
    I told her that i know the best outcome is from fresh sperm and eggs and I said yous know this. She said that they didnt do times cycles cause it's complicated.....well complicated or not I'm paying you to give me the best possible chance! If they can't provide this then I'm going else where!!!!! I actually told her I could possibly consider legal action if they done this knowing that there is a greater chance. She told me she could understand my point I mentioned to her that there are tests that the clinic east has done that they haven't tried/done yet that has significant impact. She then went on to tell me that they could make special occasion to time in the cycle....Pffft!!!!

There was more things spoken about but geezus Christ!!! This got my back up!

She told me she would have to speak with some medical director or someone. I told her that would be great and that an email stating the procedure would be appreciated I also said to her please don't take this a a personal attack as it's not. Then finished our phone call!

After I got off the phone I told DP about it he said you threaten to take them to court you shouldn't have said that! I felt so sick to the stomach I cried all the way home in the car. Then when I got home DP met me at the car a he wrapped his arms around me. I just bawled my eyes out 😢

I know I probably shouldn't have said this but I'm an emotional wreak and I sometimes can't control what comes out my mouth......I'm hurting soooo much it's devastating both DP and I no one truly understands unless your in this boat an by the boat I mean the azoo boat 😢
    Last edited by DeterminedOne; 17-03-2015 at 14:05.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DeterminedOne For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    &determinedone **hugs*** what a rough ride. What state/city are you in. Pity you couldn't come to SA our clinic does microsurgical Sperm retrieval, that's MTESE isn't it? It doesn't have a price on the list though, being that TESA/TESE is $1000 I can't imagine the cost. I'm sure that the nurses get the odd occasion spoken too like that and I'm sure she would understand the threats are in the heat of the moment. We all say things we regret when we get hot headed. Don't stress too much over that. Our FS is doing the TESE as they only found around 5sperm which were as he said "somewhat twitching" but he holds hope we will have a biological child. Sounds like a new clinic is the way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

No that's not the same I'm pretty sure? The follow link has description of each procedure TESA, PESA, MESA, MTESE

http://malefertility.jhu.edu/SpermRetrieval.php
    Last edited by DeterminedOne; 17-03-2015 at 15:19.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    &determinedone **hugs*** what a rough ride. What state/city are you in. Pity you couldn't come to SA our clinic does microsurgical Sperm retrieval, that's MTESE isn't it? It doesn't have a price on the list though, being that TESA/TESE is $1000 I can't imagine the cost. I'm sure that the nurses get the odd occasion spoken too like that and I'm sure she would understand the threats are in the heat of the moment. We all say things we regret when we get hot headed. Don't stress too much over that. Our FS is doing the TESE as they only found around 5sperm which were as he said "somewhat twitching" but he holds hope we will have a biological child. Sounds like a new clinic is the way to go.
    We where/still at Pivet in WA now we are in the process of heading to IVF Australia.

That's fab you have hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DererminedOne that sucks so much! You would think they would know better in the field they are. They have to know how hard this journey is.

I thought we could all do this some good news for a change. This US forum I am on her DF had his mTESE today and they found sperm but she didn't say how much. They didn't do TESA so don't know that cause. Everything was normal except high FSH of 17.8 (I am not sure what it is in our measurements since what we were given says that 17.8 it is normal but I believe the US follows a different measurement system).

I think from memory she had him on a truckload of vitamins too. I can look to see if anyone is interested.

Good luck @DererminedOne with your appointment tomorrow I hope all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good help is hard to get!

DrC's receptionist said they haven't received the referral (DH's appt is tomorrow) so I ring DrW's secretary and she goes "We couldn't work out who it was going to". I so wanted to say "Why the hell didn't you ring and ask or maybe ask the Dr". Seriously what is wrong with these people!

@DererminedOne how did your appointment go yesterday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just catching up.
    @DeterminedOne: good on you for saying it all out. I most likely will just chicken out and say nothing. DrR already agreed to it so i don't know what the fuss is. However, I know someone else from perth wasn't successful in getting the FS to sign off to do mTESE in the east. So no assistant from them. Ideally, one would do mTESE timed with IVF. That's when the eggs are ready, then go ahead with the mTESE. I think couple IVFA veterans on this thread were doing that. Maybe because we are out of state, IVFA is doing it the other way around. or perhaps DrG schedule is a lot tighter. I was told that he only does surgery once a week when he is in town. After had been through this process, I personally prefer mTESE timed with IVF. Tha's because I felt couple of my eggs were "overcooked" while they could have been picked up a day or two earlier. Anyway, i trust my FS. She is pretty good.
    @Malak: sorry to hear about your drama! how frustrating!