Closed Thread
Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @allykat111 whoops I pressed send before finishing. I am sorry to hear your relationship was strained following the procedure. We too had a difficult time after the TESA. My DH also offered to leave and I think I had a night with my mum when we had a big argument but it's understandable under the strain of the relationship what we were going through.

We were told no sperms on every occasion so you have something few of us have had which should be cause for hope! He will come around.

My only suggestion would be to think about preparing for a backup plan if you go through with egg retrieval as it would be very sad to get to mTESE and egg retrieval and not have anyway to fertilise the eggs if DP sperm is not good quality. Unless you are prepared to lose your eggs or have them frozen until you decide what to do (which I know of a couple of women who have done that but just beware the eggs may not survive the thawing).

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Actually, from the sound of it, I think allykat DP case is non-genetic or pre-determined at birth. It is more like previous injury that causes the azoo. If one or two random samples of TESA give you sperms, the chance is TESA alone will give you sperms. Ask fs how many in there per straw. With TESE, not even have to do mTESE, they would be able to select good ones and even freeze some. But jenniwithanl is right. You need a back up plan in case all sperms are abnormal but you guys don't have to discuss this right now. One step at s time. Even normal sperms can have genetic problem, such as high DNA fragmentation. That's what they think about my dh sperms and thus the chemical preg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone ever heard of tamoxifen which is used for guys with high FSH.

I am reading on this UK forum and a couple of people their DH's used tamoxifen and sperm was found.

The Dr that put them on it is a well known one in the UK (from what I read) and he puts them on it to make the FSH higher in the hope that is reduces.

I have never heard of the drug before.

I will mention it when we see Dr Chung. @DererminedOne you may want to ask about it too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first thing comes to mind about tamoxifen is breast cancer. It is a drug to treat it. It is a drug to block the production of estrogen. I came across it when i was looking for wafarin treatment (blood thinning). I am on clexane which is another blood thinning product. No idea what it does for men in azoo case. It is best to consult with the medical Dr.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Malak  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of tamoxifen which is used for guys with high FSH.

I am reading on this UK forum and a couple of people their DH's used tamoxifen and sperm was found.

The Dr that put them on it is a well known one in the UK (from what I read) and he puts them on it to make the FSH higher in the hope that is reduces.

I have never heard of the drug before.

I will mention it when we see Dr Chung. @DererminedOne you may want to ask about it too.
    We haven't used Tamoxifen, but Dh was put on anastrozole for quite some time. The way I understand it is that by suppressing oestrogen production they increase testosterone production therefore increasing sperm production. Dh's testosterone levels definitely rose on this treatment, not sure about his sperm production as he didn't have a mtese after he was on it. He did get major aches & pains from it. We figure anything is worth a try. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    We haven't used Tamoxifen, but Dh was put on anastrozole for quite some time. The way I understand it is that by suppressing oestrogen production they increase testosterone production therefore increasing sperm production. Dh's testosterone levels definitely rose on this treatment, not sure about his sperm production as he didn't have a mtese after he was on it. He did get major aches & pains from it. We figure anything is worth a try. Good luck.
    Did he have low T to start with or was it high FSH?

I guess we will find out when we see the urologist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhh vent time! My SIL just told me I should freeze me eggs! WTF ... there is nothing wrong with my eggs that we know of. Anyhow what will that accomplish when we need sperm for eggs. Does she think that one day sperm is going to magically appear?

She then said it was hard on her! Hard on her ... we are the only ones in our immediate family on both sides that don't have kids ... noone who has their own kids can even comprehend what it feels like. Sure they are sad that their brother/sister can't have kids but they have their own kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    Did he have low T to start with or was it high FSH?

I guess we will find out when we see the urologist.
    He had low T & I think high FSH too. Hope that helps. Our FS suggested it for us.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Malak  (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Azoospermia #2

Malak: that would be the suggestion fs might give as well. Yes, you would think "what's the point?" I woke up from the EPU and in tears. That's exactly what I thought. I didn't care how many eggs they got because there wasn't any sperm for them. Only until that afternoon, we knew things changed.

U have spent the entire ivf cycle. Why not freeze them if nothing is found? You don't have to decide what to do with them right there. You can throw them away if you don't want them down the road. I see it as a good opportunity to preserve the fertility while single women have to pay OOP for this, especially given your age. At the time, we didn't consider donor sperms but if we decided to take time off to have a family later on, I could. While I would be older, my eggs aren't. Xx
    Last edited by bbhope; 08-03-2015 at 23:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate family opinions. That's why no one knows in my family. My sis will never understand because my nephew is a mistake in her life.