Closed Thread
Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    BTw, AMH isn't covered either. There are zillions tests aren't covered by medicare. But most are. enough saving.
    @bbhope I had that one done it cost $50

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Malak View Post
    Actually it was $270 clearly I am off with the fairies ... or so many costs.

My team leader asked me today if I was okay and I got teary

Maybe it was the hormonal that took 3 weeks to come back.
    @Malak as we are looking at going donor back up I was asked to get the CF test done by DrP and my AMH retested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Yes. Any genetic test takes a while to come back. They are sent off to SA or QLD for processing. They aren't covered because the health dept decides those aren't necessary tests. Good to book an appt but no reason to have the appt if the result isn't back by then.

Ya, tell me about it. A min ago, My good friend just told me that I just need to "relax". F$@? Ya, if that's that easy, I am not spending $30k+ and still stressing out if the baby will get to term.
    Ppl that do know really shouldn't advise should they, they got no
    bl()()dy idea (I know they are only trying to help but truly it just make us think we are more crazy!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am certainly paying more than $50 for AMH. DH tests came back like $600+ oop. Don't remember. Well, I am now preg so no complain and i stop counting but really have to watch our finance as it is getting pretty tight. Ya, I hate the "relax" comment the most. Like we can magically get preg and create sperm out if relaxation. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And eventually they stop asking..... I don't know what's worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support after my little vent. We talked and apologised to one another, I'm trying to stay positive and not in a bad mood. I tried to jam my life full of things so the baby stuff doesn't overtake my brain but I may have bitten off bit more than I can chew. With my 11 year old, part time work, part time TAFE work placements and all this IVF stuff, I'm pulling my hair out.
    Reading some of the posts about not understanding until you go through this, I'm going through it, baby days I guess because I still don't understand it...I get how a lot of ppl don't tell anyone about their journey. I'm the opposite, doesn't bother me who knows what we're going through. But. Found it funny the other day when I was telling a friend, went somewhere like...FRIENDS so when are you and DP going to have a baby. ME oh we just found out DP has no sperm count. FRIEND oh. Well you never know what can happen, keep trying. It only takes 1! LOl agh well actually yes I do know. And that's not going to happen naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh and to add to that, I hope I don't offend anyone here, because I have already had the opportunity to have a child. I appreciate and love her very much, I just always saw myself with more than 1 child and waited for the right person. And that person waited for the right person to start his family, I feel bad for him if he can't have his own biological child. But I know if it doesn't happen, he treats and loves my daughter like his own , which is why he's so amazing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to allykat111 For This Useful Post:

JenniwithanI  (26-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never an offence here. This is where we vent.

Ya, a lot of ppl just don't get why there is no sperm at all. dh really doesn't want any of our friends to know because he thinks this is priv. I told few close college friends (not mutual friends with dh) but I do regret to let some of them know now. Why? Because we have decided to only let family know about the donor. This is dh wish and I would like to respect that. When we have this baby, they will know immediately that he/she is via donor. They won't judge but I have not known anyone in our friend pool or family who adopt or use donor. There are many misconception out there. We just want to experience the normal life like everyone else. It isn't anyone else business to gossip behind our back, especially some ppl won't keep their mouth shut. Btw, one of those close friends, who knows dh has zero sperm, is totally against donor due to religious reason. So it is completely personal. But I realised that I have to consider how dh feels about it all in the end.

Ah...I didn't follow that you already have a child. Do you think this might be the reason DP is not very keen to use donor? I meant you already have one who isn't biologically his. Why does he want to another one? Don't get me wrong. I am sure that he loves your daughter like his own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope ... you could always tell them that they did mTESE again and found sperm ... they will not know. That way it keeps DH happy and stops people gossiping.

It amazes me how even if you say no sperm people still think that you will get pregnant ... like they think sperm will just magically appear?

Sometimes I feel when or if I tell more people if anyone says something like that I am going to say to them "do you need me to give you the talk on where babies come from".

I haven't told many people the only ones I have are those going or have been through IVF. I just want to protect DH and not have people think bad about him if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JenniwithanI: in my case, I would rather them stop asking. I actually haven't gone home to visit my parents and family for two years now and it is such a short flight. I am such a bad daughter. Why? Because I am so sick of being asked the same question over and over again. When r u having kids? Don't wait too long, you aren't getting any younger.

On the other hand, I have visited dh family every year despite it is further away from home. Why? Because no one asks. And the MIL probably knows something is up with the baby making front.