Closed Thread
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The urologist was suppose to be the best in Brisbane. DH kept asking me if anyone else had had pain like he did and when I said no asked what he did to him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by allykat111 View Post
    Did anyone else fight a lot with their other halves coming up to TESA procedures. My DP and I got into a huge fight this morning which resulted in him asking if this is going to be worth it as he feels like we're near the point of breaking up. We've been at each other's throats a lot lately. I know Iv been short with him because he's been so grumpy lately. I want to talk about stuff but he's not one to talk about stuff like if we get bad results. I want to know if we get bad results if he would reconsider DS but I know asking would result in another fight about me being a
    Negative person.?? I feel like I need a break from life atm
    I think that it is only normal go through these emotions...after all this is a massive massive situation that we have to deal with! Forgive me if you think I'm wrong but no one truly knows what we go through only ppl that need a donor either way.
    This is a journey that says with us for life! Its apart of that child's journey. Everyone at some point in time will feel the emotional roller coaster male or female. When couples fight it's not the couple they where but what they've become because of the stress, anger, depression, disappointment we know that deep down why we fell in love we just need to stop and think some about why or take time out to have a nice meal with out the thought or topic being brought up ( I know what your thinking I think it to....how??when it absorbs your every thinking) but be kind to yourself and your relationship set aside one night a fortnight or month for you.

It's tough...an malak is right unfortunately it can make or brake but if you survive it you know you have something special

Ps I hope you all understand where I was trying to come from there please don't take it the wrong way xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Azoospermia #2

I don't see you said anything wrong here, @DeterminedOne. No one. Not even my family (unfortunately) can understand what we have gone through unless they go through this. I know some people/friends/family are trying to help but their misconception about donor or adoption is ignorant. I feel like they are the ones who need to sit through the counselling to understand the process. Let's alone donor. Some friends, who haven't gone through ivf, have no idea what's it is like to go through this. Eg: my high school friend, who I was unwilling to mention us needing ivf, again invited me and my other good friend to come over for dinner. She obviously just wants to know my good friend through me as they both have young baby around the sand age. This is the second time she mentioned about good parenting advices discussion. I really think that she didn't get the hint when I mentioned ivf. I had made it clear to my good friend that they are free to meet each other without me. I just don't wanna be part of a mother group.

Dh and I fought a lot when we first moved together as I was trying really hard to adjust my life here in Australia leaving behind the life I enjoyed back in the states. Believe it or not. Our fighting becomes less and less with the infertility problem. Everything else just seems trivial.

Infertility has consumed my life. It is all I wanted to talk about. But after all, when I was feeling down. I know how much dh is hurt too. he is my soulmate after all. I choose him out of X number of guys. It might be just us. We didn't fight much at all leading up to the mTESE because we had decided to give it a go and then go from there. When we failed, we took a vacation knowing we still have each other. Trying to remember what it used to be before we TTC. 11yrs of knowing each other, almost 7 yrs of marriage. I can't let it goes. I even thought being childless if using donor makes him sad. It is him in the end came around for not taking away my right of being a mother. I have set a number on the ivf as well. I told him that I wanna to give it a fair try.

xx

Ps: I must say though. They are some nice and supportive ivfers, who I met either in person or on the forum. I always appreciate that.i don't want to discount their nice gesture and kindness to me.
    Last edited by bbhope; 23-02-2015 at 23:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree unless someone has walked the infertility journey they can't understand what it is like. Even then it is still different ie. We would all dream of our guys having low sperm count where to those that have it feel it is bad.

I have been very selective with who I have told and so far with the exception of family has only been people that have had infertility problems as I believe they understand the most.

When I tell others they had better not say "just relax" or I may just explode and tell them off!

My sister-in-law tries to be helpful but she hasn't gone the journey so doesn't understand. She keeps saying don't be negative be positive, pray (she is religious I am not) and says how a friend tried for 2 years and then had twins. I don't have the heart to tell her you need sperm for a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have ppl who tell me "relax"..."pray"...."oh my cousin had it worse...(which btw her cousin has three children biologically with her DH)"

Thanks
    Reviews
    $200 for cystic fibrosis test!!! Why isn't this covered by Medicare?! Geezus!!!

I was also told this test and the inhibin B test would take 4 week to come back?? Surely that's not right??

The receptionist at IVFA did want to book our next appointment until the results where back but i insisted so she begrudgingly book it for me.

Work college questioned in conversation today when DP an I where having kids? They carried on to say your only young?? I said I was 35 an they replied I would have even passed u off for 30 they carried on to say so when you trying? My response yeah soon we like the DINK lifestyle atm (double income no kids) I said.............thinking NOT as my heart sunk to the floor again !!!!!! there's never ever a week some doesn't mention it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. Any genetic test takes a while to come back. They are sent off to SA or QLD for processing. They aren't covered because the health dept decides those aren't necessary tests. Good to book an appt but no reason to have the appt if the result isn't back by then.

Ya, tell me about it. A min ago, My good friend just told me that I just need to "relax". F$@? Ya, if that's that easy, I am not spending $30k+ and still stressing out if the baby will get to term.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BTw, AMH isn't covered either. There are zillions tests aren't covered by medicare. But most are. enough saving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH's blood tests he had done cost us around $400ish from QFG and took 3 weeks to come back. I have no idea what was done except for hormonal and CF.

I wonder if it is on the receipt if I can find it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually it was $270 clearly I am off with the fairies ... or so many costs.

My team leader asked me today if I was okay and I got teary

Maybe it was the hormonal that took 3 weeks to come back.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Malak For This Useful Post:

DeterminedOne  (24-02-2015)