Closed Thread
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 10% did they say why? We were told 20% (at the moment anyway)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Idk...they say bc during the mtese and his aspiration there was absolutely no sperm. It started out at 25% before I told the new doctor about the Sertoli only they diagnosed him with. He supp is requesting his biopsy slides to actually review them himself along with his operative notes. Also, he was talking about his testes being smaller than normal in size which equals less room for sperm to be produced. We won't find out more until March 11th . Ugh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhh. We have been told DH's is normal in size and he has sertoli and was told afterwards was 20% but that was via phone with our urologist we have to have the consult with the dr soon and maybe the odds will change.

He told the urologist he has operated on 6 with sertoli and found sperm in 2 of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really? My DH is scared of the pain again and the result being the same- no sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah so is mine. If you read through the last azoospermia thread you will see my DH had TESA and was only meant to take 24 to 48 hours to recover. He ended up with haematoma and had 2 stints in hospital and ended up with 2 weeks off work.

He is now scared to do the mTESE because of what happened and also what the stupid urologist said. He also doesn't want to get his hopes up incase they are the same again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw I'm so sorry they told him 24-48 hours as well and it took a good week before he felt much better. We had a horrible experience with our urologist we well and that is why we left. Sometimes I wish it was me that had the issues because I felt so terrible watching him in pain. So your DH is debating whether he wants to do the mtese as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are doing 2 consults because the urologist told him with mTESE he could be left with no testicles! So he wants to make sure that is not the case.

My DH didn't like the old urologist and thank god he doesn't do mTESE. Sometimes he joked the urologist tried to kill him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually had to take 2 weeks off work and use all my sick leave to look after DH as the only time he was allowed to walk was to the bathroom or from couch to bedroom and vice versa. The rest of the time while awake had to ice the balls etc. So I had to bring him drinks and food.

He said it felt like someone had kicked him in the balls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladies: I don't think one should read into too much of the %. I am sure that even 1% is hope. They really can't tell until they open it up and see what's in store. Doing mTESE will just be that last surgery to have the closure.

If you read back thread #1, DrG gave Bertie dh 80% chance. The highest I have seen so far. That's because he usually has 1 loner in his semen. But when DrG opened him up, they only found 1. Anything 50/50 is like tossing a coin. Either find it or you don't. That's why DrG seems to just give everyone 50/50. When I asked my fs what's the chance for me getting preg with this embie, the answer is also 50/50. It works or it doesn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yikes, no one ever told us that so that doctor must be terrible at what he does than! My DH jokes saying his previous urologist purposely made him in more pain bc other men told him it wasn't that bad. His urologist told him he could to to work the following day..:my DH was like this doctor lied lol.