@Malak: you r seeing FS soon? Since you know that mTESE along with ivf is what u want to do, it is best to start getting yourself tested for various things. AMH being an important one.
@bbhope yes will be seeing the FS after we do the consults with the DrC and DrG so we know what we arw doing. Then will meet with the FS for tests etc for me.
Do you need a referral for a consult with DrG?
I rang up the FS on Friday to ask for the results and they wouldn't give them to me. They said it is not normal practice and that they can fax them to the drs. *sigh*
Yes, u need referral to see DrG. I mainly got all my test requests from my GP so by the time i was seeing FS, I had everything ready to discuss rather than just wasting the first appt to get test request. We had been running around in WA, wasting money for useless consultations.
So by the time we were ready to see DrG, I took bertie advices. All test results were sent to DrG. We wete able to talk about what's next straight away. It took us nearly a year to just get to that point -- the mTESE. We didn't even do donor back up which is 4 months waiting at IVFA.
When u go in to see FS, ask her in person to get a copy for your own record. Always write down copy to patient on all bt forms.
Did anyone else fight a lot with their other halves coming up to TESA procedures. My DP and I got into a huge fight this morning which resulted in him asking if this is going to be worth it as he feels like we're near the point of breaking up. We've been at each other's throats a lot lately. I know Iv been short with him because he's been so grumpy lately. I want to talk about stuff but he's not one to talk about stuff like if we get bad results. I want to know if we get bad results if he would reconsider DS but I know asking would result in another fight about me being a
Negative person.?? I feel like I need a break from life atm
To add to this, his TESA is Tuesday week.
@allykat111 *hugs* it is a tough process. Men don't like to talk about it. They think if they don't then it will go away. That is why it is mainly us girls on the forums.
My DH wasn't worried about the TESA much only a little bit because he had never ever had surgery. I didn't even know how worried he was until afterwards because he didn't say anything.
Prior to the TESA DH was all onboard for the mTESE but now because of the stupid dr who told him he could be left with no testicles he wants to consult with 2 drs.
Today I was thinking on the way home is mTESE is it all worth it? Would you be better going another route and using the money for that? But then I thought it would be better to have a genetic child and try that path.
Good luck with the TESA I hope your DP doesn't have any issues with it like my DH. Will you do mTESE if not successful?
Some men won't consider DS at all (like my DH), other won't until they have tried all other avenues and others are on board with it from the beginning. Your DP could be in either 1 or 2 group.
I suggest wait until after the TESA and maybe give him a bit of time to digest it before you suggest DS. Then see what he thinks.
Just remember not all men will be up for DS and unfortunately it is just something we have to deala with.
This experience will either break you or make you stronger.
We are all here for you xx
Fast forward to now and we are 6 weeks pregnant with donor sperm and today had some worrying news with one of the BTs and yet it's my hubby who is most afraid of me losing the pregnancy. He wants this more than I, I think. It's beautiful really. They come around just give him time and if things are meant to be, they will be.
Allykat: I will be short here today. A sad news just came through from the family and dh needs me. We, women, always want to have back up plan. Most men just deal with things one step at a time. Dh only came around with donor after we had tried everything. Perhaps keeping that conversation away for now. And put that idea in his brain.
My DH was okay leading up to his TESE procedure, nervous somewhat. After his procedure he was in a lot of pain and felt anger, depression and stopped talking about it with me. He asked me to stop talking about babies for a while (this was in January). We now are talking a little at a time, our new doctor suggested mtese if he wants to try our last resort. It wouldn't be until
July to let him heal but my husband is not sure if he wants to do it since it is a 10% chance with the Sertoli only. My DH is a little snippy at times tho (more than usual) and I unfortunately feel like it put a strain on our relationship.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!