Closed Thread
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000
    Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry to hear that barca07, its just not fair that we have to go through all this for a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

First braca I am so sorry for you. How devastating. Or at least that's how I would feel. Did they give a reason? Was your donor a US one or and Aussie? If my donor chooses to take his sperm back that's it for me. We have 2 vials of sperm left and if we don't get a second child from that then that's it. No more tries after that.

Jojo I had my eggs frozen at the time of my dh's surgery. I think I may have got 6 frozen. Once we decided to go ahead with donor we did another egg collection and fertilised them all at the same time. From the frozen eggs none made it to blastocyst stage.

At this stage I am going for a lap surgery to check for endometriosis. I don't think I have it but best to just rule it out. I have two frozen embryos from my last egg collection which I suffered a major complication but thankfully I am all better now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Jojo85: donor back up has been done many times at IVFA. They just have to present a case and the board has to approve. That's all. Prof I is the director. Perhaps he is a bit strict about this? Yes, if you don't retrieve the eggs, they will just flush out when your period arrives.
    @Barca07: did they just phone you out of the blue telling you about the donor? I have never received a phone call about this and I'm almost certain that my donor is no longer donating. If he has left over vials available, that's a different story. In fact, i actually phoned the clinic telling them that we aren't plan to do any more fresh cycle. We are happy to let other family to have the rest of the available vials (if any).

I was told that it is easier to get vials from the Aussie donors. Basically, on demand. US donors will require you to purchase vials in advance which is quite costly. I am not 100% sure but I find that US donors can have more than 4 families. 4 families is the limitation in Australia but the US sperm bank is freely to sell their vials around the world.

I'm sorry to hear. It must be devastating. Perhaps one step at a time. Focus on this bub first and then worries about the rest later. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Ladies.
    Our FS called for a unrelated reason and told us during the call.

Donor hasn't given a reason. From what I understand he has stopped all use of any available vials, so basically we can only use the frozen Embys and then that's it.
    I might give the donor coordinator a call just to see what's what, and what our options are.

I know I'm thinking years down the track, but I'm a control freak so I can't help it! Ha.

Just frustrated that it seems like one thing after another. It feels like everything that can go wrong, has!! First DH has Azoo, then needing IVF, then first transfer being a Chem, second transfer a Stillborn and now donor is backing out! Give us a break!

Sorry, rant over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And donor is Aussie

Thanks
    Reviews
    And what does everyone mean that they have vials left over? I didn't realize we were assigned a certain amount of vials at the beginning?

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know about your clinic @Barca07 but ours issues 5 amps of Aussie sperm when you choose that donor, or you pay in advance for US. We just paid for more US. Our donor has also stopped donating but amps in storage are still for sale.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our clinic is 3 vials when you first access it. We used all 3 to have our DS so once he was born we pre purchased another 3 vials to guarantee there would be that donor available.
    But it does say on the paperwork that they still own the vials and if he changes his mind then we can't use the. I really hope that doesn't happen.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes we are pre-assigned 3 vials at the beginning. Once a child is born, we I can pre-purchase more vials if US donor for future use. Aussie donor is just on demand. Still have to pay with 6 months quarantine rule. We only used 1 vial so I assume there are still 2 available (for purchase). A bit weird that we have to pay the other 2 given that we were assigned 3 to begin with. Anyway, as two souls have said, donor can withdraw anytime.

Again sorry to know about your situation. We are lucky in a way that we don't plan to have any more children at this stage. If we do, we still have the frozen. We might have the opposite problem of not knowing what to do with the left over embies. We aren't allowed to donate in nsw but wa.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Over here to the new thread, thanks.