+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovaprime trial

I was so hoping that I still have a chance to become a mother , but I lost hope 😢..
    My results became so bad .. My Amh decreased from 1.1 to 0.3 !!! Fsh increased from 11 to 25 ! I really regret that I did this trial ...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovaprime tests

Hello Marika40,
    Sorry to read about the issue of the test for you... I hope things will improve rapidly though! I wonder how they explain this changes in your AMH and FSH numbers? What could it be due to? Is it due to the surgery on your ovary?
    What's next for you now? Do you know other people going through that trial? What about their results?
    Don't lose hope, stay positive through this procedure, that's the best you can do! At the end of the day it's an opportunity to try something when there's not much else to do, so keep your head up until the end.
    Last edited by Nathaf; 01-06-2016 at 23:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marika40,
    I hope there is still a chance that this is early days, and it might take time for the EggPCs to grow.
    best wishes,
    Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is certainly quite early to make conclusions, oogenesis is about 4 months starting with the primordial follicules, from stem cells it's certainly longer, so... It definitively is too early to lose hope!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hope you get positive results soon

Hope you get positive results soon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ssovas For This Useful Post:

Marika40  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marika,

I'm so strongly hoping you are able to turn things around. Like you, I'm very wishful on Ovaprime as it is really the only thing I've read about that is working to reverse the struggles of people in our situation. Do you have any further details of how your trial went? What did they tell you and are they at all hopeful for the future with you and Ovaprime or one is it a one trial situation that went poorly and they simply say goodbye after that?

Does anyone have any reason to believe Ovaprime will have success in the next year or two or do you think it's either going poorly altogether or many years away from relevance? Is there anything similar out there currently being discussed?
    Last edited by Golian728; 01-07-2016 at 21:21.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovaprime trial

Hi ladies

Well I did another blood tests on 2d day of the cycle and looks like there are some improvements . My FSH from 25 became 18 , AMH from 0.3 to 0.7 , but on TVS scan result no difference . The amount of follicles on ovary where they injected stem cells no change, as before only very tiny follicle is seen 😕. I was hoping that amount of follicles will increase .. maybe because my ovary is not functioning well as not enough blood supply. In the clinic they injected the stem cells only in one ovary so they can see the differences . As OVAPRIME is a trial at the clinic they told me they don't know if I can get healthy new egss , I only hope it's working .. that the stem cells are growing slowly as you've suggested that it might take some time. Doctor told me usually takes 3-6 months to see the improvements . I guess if the results in the following months will get better , time for IVF , which is another battle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your update and hopefully in time there will be some kind of results. Your post a little while back where you said you regretted doing the trial concerned me because I figured it was the kind of thing that either improved the status quo or changed nothing so the prospect that it could have made things worse is troubling.

The way Ovaprime has been pitched, it makes it sound like IF it works it pretty much solves the issue of low egg counts and would dramatically increase your chances to conceive (natural or IVF) but it's hard to tell where the reality is relative to the sales pitch. What has been your impression of Ovascience from this? Are you still in contact with their doctors working on this or do you just get sent on your way and if positive change occurs over the next months you'd find that out at home?

I was trying to message you as some questions I had I thought might not be as well suited for the full thread but I have no idea how to do it on here as I'm new and the only thing I could find is some kind of add friend feature.

Anyway, I really do wish you the best and from the sounds of it, you still have good reason to keep battling for what you want. I'm mostly harping on Ovaprime because, as I said, it's the only thing I've heard of that really seems to be addressing the key problem of low AMH/egg reserve. I'm not used to following the early stages of medical trials on anything so there is a part of me that worries that 99 out of 100 of these kinds of things don't make it past the trial stage but I have absolutely no clue how this or anything like it actually works so I want to hope the prospects are far brighter than that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovaprime trial

Hi

Well doctors don't know for sure if it will work on women. I couldn't find anyone who is on trial to ask if they've got better results and doctors won't tell me .. I only hope that their research will prove that women with low ovarian reserves have a chance to become mothers . I think there are over 100 women on trial and by the end of this year Ovascience will announce trial results . If Ovaprime will work that will be a miracle !! I'm taking like 20 pills daily of supplements to improve quality of eggs for the last year but so far couldn't get any embryo transfer. , so that's my last hope Ovaprime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Marika, it's good news things are going in the improvement direction. May I ask how old you are?
    They (Ovascience) also will start trials in Canada, that's also good news! So let's be patient. Really happy your numbers are better now, and hope they get even better than they were before the trial!!!