+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blueberry,

The person who responded to my email at TCART was Caroline Lux (carolinel@tcart.ca), who is a Nurse Coordinator there.

I noticed that Ovascience is advertising some positions, including a Nurse Coordinator and a Patient Concierge at TCART. (http://www.ovascience.com/people-car...-opportunities)
    I'm not sure if this is because Caroline has left, or whether they are planning to really ramp things up at TCART, and they just need more staff.

I just got AF again this week, that will be the third one this year. Earlier this year I tried the same protocol that I got lucky with in 2013, but didn't get any follicles. I am thinking of asking if I can just be scanned to see if a natural follicle comes up, and if so, see if we can do minimal boost IVF and go to egg retrieval.

I was doing acupuncture for ages, but gave up last year when I didn't seem to be getting anywhere. Earlier this year I started again at a different place and got AF a week later. I haven't been going lately since have been so busy at work and also trying to save money.

A whole bunch of us are talking on a thread called "Ovascience" on the inspire.com site. Some ladies have had appointments with TCART and are sharing their experiences with the group.

Good luck with your current mini-IVF cycle.

Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chook,

I got reply from Caroline Lux in TCART. She said the same thing Augment does not suit me, I have to wait for OvaPrime.

You mind to tell me what protocol you used to get luck in 2013? I am currently using Clomid from day2. But nurse just called LH too high, does not look like a good cycle, most likely I will have to wait for next AF.

Thank you for the information, I will check inspire.com site.

Good luck,
    Blueberry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blueberry,

How are you going? I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I've been very busy at work.

My protocol for the successful cycle was estrogen, progesterone and testosterone priming. The month before the cycle, I took progynova and primolut tablets, and testosterone cream. The next month stims were taken as normal. On the successful cycle, I only had one follicle and one egg. I don't know if the protocol is actually that good, because I have done it twice since (once last year and once this year), and did not get any follicles.

Did you see that OvaScience had a presentation showing some more Augment results:
    http://www.ovascience.com/files/ESHR...ng_FINAL-2.pdf

There is also going to be another webinar available on their website next week:

"CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 18, 2015-- OvaScience℠ (NASDAQ: OVAS), a global fertility company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of new treatment options, announced today that Company management will present at the JMP Securities Life Sciences Conference on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 9:00 am ET at the St. Regis New York.

A live audio webcast of the presentation can be accessed by visiting the Investors section of the Company’s website at www.ovascience.com. A replay of the webcast will be archived on the OvaScience website for two weeks following the presentation."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm coming to this post too late to see the presentation. Can anyone summarize it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chook11 View Post
    Exciting that OvaPrime should be available by the end of the year.
    Hi , was searching for OVAPRIME TRIAL forum and got into this..
    I'm on trial for ovaprime and wanted to know if anyone around is as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marika40,

Are you participating in the Ovaprime preceptorship? How exciting! Would love to hear more, if you are allowed to talk about it.

I enquired with GG Panama about the preceptorship, and talked with Dr. Sindy Oro over the phone. I would have been eligible at age 44. However, she said you have to actually live in Panama for a few months, or be able to travel there frequently for blood tests/scans. Not really possible for me.

best wishes,
    Chook

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovaprime trial

Hi

Yes , I'm on trial at clinic in UAE but living in different continent.
    I had to fly to UAE for 2 Laparoscopy operation, 1st time they removed the outer lining of ovary ( 1 cm appx) , then I had to wait almost 6 months till 2d operation when they inserted the precursor stem cells back to the ovary just last week. They still don't know what is outcome as this is a first trial on women. If the theory works, the stem cells supposed to grow as new eggs which is suitable for IVF . For now I'm still waiting for my scan and blood test to see if the stem cells are growing and if my AMH will increase.
    Last edited by Marika40; 10-05-2016 at 05:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marika40,

That sounds exciting. Would love to hear how you go, if you are allowed to talk.

I have been following OvaScience for years and have just about given up. It seems to be taking longer to become available than they previously said, and even if it does, I am not sure if it will be affordable. Right now I am partially putting it out of my mind in my day-to-day life, and am busy at work, but still keeping an eye on it. Also just paying as much off my mortgage in the meantime so I can be in the best position possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

So the scan and tests are no good. No growing follucles, FSH is 25 , AMH as low as before. Ovaprime didn't work for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marika40,

Are they going to do more tests? Folliculogenesis can take 13 menstrual cycles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folliculogenesis), and AMH is secreted by the grandulosa cells of growing follicles. Therefore, it could take months before there is a change in AMH.

best wishes and hang in there.

Chook