+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovascience: Augment, OvaPrime and OvaTure

Dear All,

A long shot, but is anyone out there doing the Augment treatment, or waiting for OvaPrime or OvaTure? If so, would love to hear from you to exchange notes.

Link to a presentation (will disappear in a week or so):
    http://leerink.metameetings.com/conf...hp?ticker=OVAS

best wishes,
    Chook

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ovaprime

Hi there! I'm waiting for Ovaprime. Is there anything other than what's on Ovascience website that you can share? How was your experience with augment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chook.

I've been reading about this company with great interest but, as you would have found, there's not much out there. From what I read, it seemed that even Augment (the first released treatment) is really still only at trial stage (in Canada anyway, where 60 women are being given free treatment).

I asked my FS about it and she said Ovascience approached my clinic about using their technology but the clinic declined because there isn't enough evidence that it improves outcomes and it would have been unethical to recommend it to patients when it's so expensive (I think Augment costs an extra $25K in Canada). She said it's all a lot of marketing hype at the moment. I was disappointed as I think of it as my Plan B way down the track. Anyway, I guess watch this space...

GE

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ready, GE: How wonderful to check back in and find some replies!

Have you seen the presentation from their Investor Day? It seems to be still accessible here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqZajDBiu6Q#t=108

I also bought some of their shares last year. They went up from around 13 USD when I got them to 44 USD today. Unfortunately I only got around 300 shares.

I am waiting for OvaPrime. I haven't had a period since last August. I have a miracle DS from a cycle in 2013 in which I only got one egg.

I have written to all the Augment clinics, with the thought that these may be among the first to offer OvaPrime, since they have all the infrastructure set up. The Dubai clinic and TCART in Canada seemed the most friendly, and the nurse coordinators in both places said I would be put on a list to receive more information when it becomes available.

A whole bunch of us are on a thread called "Ovascience" on the www.inspire.com website. There are ladies from around the world sharing information and supporting each other. I am the poster there with the name Chook12, in case anyone wants to drop by there as well.

GE: Can I ask whick clinic you are with?

more later,
    Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015...sial-treatment

Another article, ignore the troll comments at the bottom. This says that out of the 20 initially treated with Augment at TCART, 8 got pregnant, and the first babies are due in August. This is a 40% success rate, which is similar to the studies with donor mitochondria in the 90's. So Augment could be working well. The patients who are having Augment are those who've had multiple IVF cycles and not got pregnant, so for this group going from a zero success rate to 40% I think is quite good.

Also, a presentation here seems to still be available:
    http://leerink.metameetings.com/conf...hp?ticker=OVAS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing everyone. I am going checkout inspire.com. I've seen all the videos on Ovascience. I agree that the Augment successful percentage boost is great. I'm going to continue to follow the outcomes and waiting to be a candidate of ovaprime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Chook.

I'll have a look at that Inspire thread. I had seen that article re the 30 year old because I remember thinking it was interesting that they profiled a 30 year old and not someone older, but I seem to have missed the bit at the bottom re 8 out of 20! They're great stats.

I'm with # in Sydney. I'm 42, going on 43, by the way. I'm currently hoping the cocktail of DHEA, inositol, melatonin and coq10 I'm taking is going to get me over the line but if not then bring on OvaPrime. I've also thought about emailing the various clinics using Augment but since you've done that, I might just check in to see what you're finding out.

GE
    Last edited by Golden Egg; 02-05-2015 at 16:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I also thought about buying shares in the company. If the technology takes off, it's going to be revolutionary in the IVF world. Interesting that they've already jumped that much in value.

Thanks
    Reviews
    News from the Ovascience website:

2014 and Recent Highlights
    • Launched the AUGMENTSM Fertility Treatment in Select International IVF Clinics
      Offered the AUGMENT treatment to select international IVF clinics (see www.augmenttreatment.com). OvaScienceanticipates expanding the availability of the AUGMENT treatment and expects 1,000 AUGMENT treatment cycles will be in process by the end of 2015. The Company set this target to ensure that it is building a high quality and scalable operating process to support OvaScience’s future fertility treatments.

The AUGMENT treatment is specifically designed to improve egg health by using mitochondria from a patient’s own egg precursor (EggPCSM) cells during IVF. Improved egg health is essential for fertilization and embryo development. The AUGMENT treatment is not available in the United States.
    • Completed Preclinical Work that Supports Introduction of the OvaPrimeSM Treatment in Patients by the End of 2015
      Reported additional, preclinical proof-of-concept work ahead of a planned introduction of the OvaPrime treatment outside the United States by the end of this year. The OvaPrime treatment is a potential new fertility treatment option for women who make too few or no eggs, which utilizes a woman’s own EggPC cells to increase her egg reserve for IVF.
    • Progressed OvaTureSM Treatment, a Potential Hormone-Free Fertility Option, to Development
      Demonstrated human preclinical proof-of-concept with the OvaTure treatment, showing for the first time that human EggPC cells can be matured into eggs outside of the body. In 2015, OvaScience plans to optimize the OvaTure process and define a development pathway. The OvaTure treatment is a potential next-generation IVF treatment that could help a woman produce healthy, young, fertilizable eggs without hormone injections.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

Golden Egg  (17-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exciting that OvaPrime should be available by the end of the year.
    Last edited by chook11; 17-03-2015 at 14:34.