+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heplusme View Post
    Ok, well to keep things moving. No, i dont believe people can be rehabilitated and make worthwhile contributions.
    Is that on all levels as in drug addicts, alcoholics or just drug mules and the like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We arnt talking about any level. We are talking about the level that warrants the death penalty. So yes, that is my opinion.
    So all people who are on the death penalty for various types of different crimes with different circumstances, are essentially all the same and none of them have any prospects at all to contribute in a worthwhile way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are at the point where you are guilty beyond a doubt of a crime that warrants the death penalty then no, i dont think so. Not only do you have no regard for other humans, you are a danger to society..not to mention draining the system of hundreds of dollars a day sitting in prison your whole life.

Im NOT saying i agree with them getting the death penalty for their crime. As i said Indos laws are outdated.

However, i am 10000% pro death penalty for serial killers, serial rapists, pedophiles and the likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We arnt talking about any level. We are talking about the level that warrants the death penalty. So yes, that is my opinion.
    Double post
    Last edited by babyla; 15-02-2015 at 16:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As anti drugs as I am I do think the death penalty is excessive for a drug mule..
    Something else to consider is they all got different sentences in the beginning as well, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't renee lawrence had time taken off her sentance? Scott Rush's sentence has been changed on appeal a couple of times as has thr other 2 guys.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    The whole - they knew the consequences so suffer in ya jocks argument is really frustrating and a somewhat simplistic way to look at this issue.

The discussion is bigger than that, it's around whether people can be rehabilitated and still make a worthwhile contribution, the notion of consistent sentencing, the purpose of a penal system, use of death sentences as deterrent...

We know they did it, we know they knew the consequences - it stunts the debate to get caught up on this.
    Thank you! that's exactly what I was trying to say :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok, well to keep things moving. No, i dont believe people can be rehabilitated and make worthwhile contributions.
    I find that an astounding view to have, history is full of people who did dodgy things who went on to do amazing things. I wonder if you would be so quick to judge if your children ever got into trouble with the law.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (15-02-2015),DizzyDaisy  (15-02-2015),GlitterFarts  (15-02-2015),HeavenBlue  (16-02-2015),Night Owl  (15-02-2015),TheGooch  (15-02-2015),~Marigold~  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I find that an astounding view to have, history is full of people who did dodgy things who went on to do amazing things. I wonder if you would be so quick to judge if your children ever got into trouble with the law.
    Theres a difference between 'dodgy' and being a serial rapist or pedophile. I clearly stated that we are not speaking on 'every level' of crime- only what *I* believe warrants the death penalty.

I wonder if youd be so quick to save someone who hurt your child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Theres a difference between 'dodgy' and being a serial rapist or pedophile. I clearly stated that we are not speaking on 'every level' of crime- only what *I* believe warrants the death penalty.

I wonder if youd be so quick to save someone who hurt your child?
    We aren't talking about paedophiles, we are talking about drug runners, they are world's apart, its like comparing apples and oranges.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (16-02-2015),MrsSS  (15-02-2015),TheGooch  (15-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    We aren't talking about paedophiles, we are talking about drug runners, they are world's apart, its like comparing apples and oranges.
    I was explaining my stance on pro-death penalty and rehabilitation as i was questioned. I already said i do not agree with the punishment that they have been handed being drug runners.