+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Sorry I just don't think they deserve anything less than the sentence given to them. Not only were they smuggling drugs they had provided money, airline tickets and accommodation to drug mules. They knew damn well what they were doing and they would have known the risk of being caught and the penalty in Indonesia. They were in this much deeper than just the smuggling, probably not the first time they had done it either. They need to accept their fate as does everyone else.
    Im not sure what frightens me more. Your simplistic summary of a complex situation or your acceptance of humans treating each other in such a cruel manner.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimTamsandTea For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-03-2015),SoThisIsLove  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessedwith3boys View Post
    Sorry I just don't think they deserve anything less than the sentence given to them. Not only were they smuggling drugs they had provided money, airline tickets and accommodation to drug mules. They knew damn well what they were doing and they would have known the risk of being caught and the penalty in Indonesia. They were in this much deeper than just the smuggling, probably not the first time they had done it either. They need to accept their fate as does everyone else.
    Am I too tired or did kimberlygirl1 and blessedwith3boys write the same thing word for word?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think she's changed her name - but someone quoted her before she did?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    But... i am confused??? I have read both people posting and love one and think the other causes trouble?? Maybe i am tired and mixing up names

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pretty sure the same person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    KG can change her name all she likes. Shes so transparent with her posts, everyone will still know its her.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Debate thread for discussing the death penalty and the Bali 9

Hold your horses junior detectives. Maybe KG's name change had nothing at all to do with trying to annoy you.

This is the Chan and Sukumaran debate thread so even though the thought of what they are going through makes me sick in the guts people are allowed to post differing views. If people are unable to cope with this so close to the likely revolting end (understandable), there is the "I stand for mercy" thread to post in.
    Last edited by VicPark; 05-03-2015 at 04:50.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

heplusme  (05-03-2015),KitiK  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    I am dreading seeing what may be on the news tomorrow. I feel absolutely sick over this. I absolutely vow NEVER to set foot in Indonesia ever in my life. These aren't humans, they are animals.
    Indonesia's human rights record is atrocious, this is just one if the many things they do and even without these executions I still wouldn't spend a dollar there. Have you guys heard about what they are doing in West Paupa? It is just awful, ethnic cleansing is not too strong statement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    I am strongly anti death penalty. No matter what the crime. For the reasons already mentioned, but there's another factor as well: someone has to actually be the executor. If someone is sentenced to death then there is a person (or several) who will be required to kill them. And I believe that is harmful. I think that everyone involved in the process of putting a person to death is harmed by their part in it.

I remember reading a while back about an interview with someone who executes people for their job. They spoke of how they felt it damaged their soul, about how difficult it was, but how they felt they were doing a good deed by sparing someone else from having to take that job and damage themselves. It really illustrated to me how wrong it is to have rules such as the death penalty that require people to harm themselves to enforce them. Killing in cold blood is not something to ever be encouraged.
    Good point MM. I never thought about that in all honesty x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (05-03-2015)