+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    AFP have a lot to answer for. Why didnt they nab them on arrival to Australia instead of a country that imposes the death penalty. Scott rushs dad must feel terrible but I understand where he was coming from..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slipper For This Useful Post:

babyla  (01-03-2015),beebs  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    image.jpgBen Quilty's most recent post on Instagram. The last sentence says it all imo.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-03-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by slipper View Post
    AFP have a lot to answer for. Why didnt they nab them on arrival to Australia instead of a country that imposes the death penalty. Scott rushs dad must feel terrible but I understand where he was coming from..
    That's what kills me most. Poor Scott Rush's dad. The torment he must go through every day. And I've not once seen any acknowledgement from the AFP that they ****ed up royally here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    That's what kills me most. Poor Scott Rush's dad. The torment he must go through every day. And I've not once seen any acknowledgement from the AFP that they ****ed up royally here.
    There was something a couple of weeks ago about them dodging the questions... Again... I think there is definitely something more at play with the AFP than meets the eye. Scott Rush father must have had such a rough 10 years with this. So awful

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know I should care but I really don't. I know it's complete double standards but I would definitely care if it was my DD and would be making all the 'but she rehabilitated' arguements. I have tried to read about it and I'm usually way too empathetic for my own good but I just can't care about these 2. I wish I felt differently but I don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I just don't think they deserve anything less than the sentence given to them. Not only were they smuggling drugs they had provided money, airline tickets and accommodation to drug mules. They knew damn well what they were doing and they would have known the risk of being caught and the penalty in Indonesia. They were in this much deeper than just the smuggling, probably not the first time they had done it either. They need to accept their fate as does everyone else.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 03-03-2015 at 13:40.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Sorry I just don't think they deserve anything less than the sentence given to them. Not only were they smuggling drugs they had provided money, airline tickets and accommodation to drug mules. They knew damn well what they were doing and they would have known the risk of being caught and the penalty in Indonesia. They were in this much deeper than just the smuggling, probably not the first time they had done it either. They need to accept their fate as does everyone else.
    This mentality makes me sick.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-03-2015),GlitterFarts  (03-03-2015),TimTamsandTea  (04-03-2015),~Marigold~  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    But then this brings me to another thought I have continually had. What right do other countries have to sentence those who are not their own citizens? Would it not be more economical for each country to deport those who break their laws to face the relevant punishment in their own countries? It's probably wishful thinking.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I see at least two big issues with this idea though
    One is that are we happy with that here? If someone visits australia from a country where rape is legal, and then rapes some women while he is here. Are we happy to send him home and allow his country to let him go as rape is legal in his country? I personally am not. I would want to see punishment that we impose here.

Two) if australian drug traffickers were to be punishable only by australian laws ( which compared to some countries are somewhat lenient) then Australians trafficking into and out of countries with very harsh penalties would become a very lucrative thing. Do we really that?

On the death penalty my personal opinion is that for drug related offences it is too harsh. My brain fogs into grey area when it comes to crimes against children etc.
    but even though I think this penalty is very harsh and perhaps not fairly delivered now after ten yrs, I do think it's fair that we have to abide by other countries laws.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

Ra Ra Superstar  (03-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    This is so narrow-minded. I bet if it was one of your children you'd fight for their cause. And don't say well my kids would never do that because I'm sure their Mums thought the same too.

http://youtu.be/pAV4o69GO4U

Have some compassion.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-03-2015),Chippa  (03-03-2015),GlitterFarts  (03-03-2015),Molros  (04-03-2015),poisonapple  (04-03-2015),tazz475  (03-03-2015),~Marigold~  (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just sad for their families and friends and the terror they must be going through. They must regret their stupid decision.
    I also would like to see an inquest into the AFP. As Australians we should have faith that we can call upon the law enforcement to help us and Scott Rush's dad was asking for help, instead he was thrown under the bus.
    I do believe in the death penalty for anybody who hurts children and violates women. Those monsters don't seem to rehabilitate in my opinion.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (03-03-2015)