+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    11th hour delay...

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/six-living-former-prime-ministers-make-united-final-plea-for-doomed-bali-nine-duo/story-fncynjr2-1227222259664

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope the delay isn't some ridiculous or cruel power play and it's for a legitimate reason that is in the best interests of the men.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is because the 'execution island' is full at the moment.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...-island-prison

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those two will be executed, especially now that Tony Abbott opened his big mouth.

The new President will want to save face and agreeing to clemency would be seen as a sign of weakness and of being threatened by Australia.

Quite frankly, I wish all this attention was directed to present dire issues in child protection that we are facing. I find that a subject far more worthy of our energy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Tickle For This Useful Post:

mixinitup  (21-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    These two men make me sick. I don't classify what they have done as a "mistake". Lacking good judgement yes, but a mistake is something done without thinking properly. Whether they were under the influence at the time or not, there would have been time in the build up to consider the ramifications of their actions.

I hate them as had they had gotten away with it I am certain they would have continued to destroy others' lives for the continued pay off.

They are selfish men,who clearly didn't properly consider the effect of their actions on all the truly innocent around them-the vulnerable, their families, their friends, the Aus public.

I have been physically sick and so saddened when I first heard about this case FOR these 9; I don't know why. THEY made their choices.

I whole heartedly do not believe in the death penalty and am terrified at the thought of what these men go through daily of late having their fate played with before them as if it's a game. I do not for a minute think that is fair. (I don't think it's my place to decide whether that is deserved however).

Make no mistake though, from the very minimal - the sleepless nights I'm experiencing stressing about this to the families and vulnerable individuals who have to suffer through drug addiction and their poor, poor loved ones..,I hate them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not our country or our laws, every Australian knows the laws over there,, it's an epidemic for their country. Worse than ours, does that justify the sentence, maybe not. They aren't in Australia. ....end of story

Sent from my LG-E450f using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wonder how many of those begging for the lives of Myuran and Andrew have lost someone to drugs. Those 2 have had no thought forcthe victims of their filthy trade. They need to be executed and Australia needs to stop interfering in Indonesia's justice system.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Debate thread for discussing the death penalty and the Bali 9

Changed my mind.
    Last edited by harvs; 28-02-2015 at 10:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Changed my mind.
    Oh bummer! You'll say it better than me...