+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Soft markers on ultrasound

Just wondering if anyone has had four soft markers in an ultrasound and at a later ultrasound they had corrected themselves or everything was ok a birth.
    Guess I'm just trying to find some hope to cling to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of the feet that sandal gap toes but funny toes run in my family. A small chin was another and bright spot on kidneys and heart. Iim only 16 weeks and wondering if at 19 weeks these will still be prominent or may resolve.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope you can find someone with first hand experience.
    I have two friends. .. One is my SIL where markers were found for Downs syndrome and a friend who had soft markers for spina bifida I think.
    But further testing ruled them out. And both bubs born without any health issues.

My daughter at 20 weeks had a heart defect diagnosed and some makers with short bones etc. She does have a genetic syndrome but is doing so amazing.

I hope you get some positive results at your 20 week scan. Pregnancy can be so stressful. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD had short femurs and was missing an artery in her umbilical cord (picked up at 12 weeks). Monitored more closely throughout with worries of growth retardation and born prem due to cord "malfunctioning". Was born 41 weeks, 4kg and at 5 is still in 97th percentile for height and is all legs - so for us they weren't anything to worry about (just wish we'd known that 30 weeks earlier). Good luck at next scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs @MissFaery I have no experience but can imagine how hard that is. Hopefully some others have some experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by LittleM; 01-03-2015 at 14:37.