+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Are yours creative gourmet brand or Nannas brand? Only the Nannas brand have been recalled, not all brands and only the mixed berries ones.
    Creative gourmet have also been recalled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Creative gourmet have also been recalled.
    Sorry, I didn't realise. How scary!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's actually quite infuriating - if you google hepatitis and norovirus and frozen raspberries there have been thousands of cases reported throughout the world in the last few years linked to Chinese and Chilean frozen berries!

You think food standards Australia would be checking this stuff out before allowing it to be sold here but obviously not!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (16-02-2015),Teenz  (16-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What if the berries were cooked to make a compote, does the heat kill the virus? I had some rhubarb and berries compote two days ago at a cafe. They would probably use imported frozen berries. I'm pregnant so am very worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't used those brands but have been eating heaps of the coles brand frozen strawberries which are from Chile. I think ill just throw them out, i dont think i trust them anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    oh god... we've been eating these all summer.
    Okay, off to the doctor we go....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just read this - http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/foo...-1227223406604

"MORE people are presenting with Hepatitis A and the list of recalled frozen berry products also continues to grow.
    Politicians and lawyers have started to weigh in on the health scare, with Australia’s labelling legislation and the rights of the people infected by the virus coming under scrutiny.
    Raspberries appear to be a potential common link in the imported fruit contamination that has left 10 Australians diagnosed with Hepatitis A.
    Victorian company Patties Foods extended its national recall to include Nanna’s Raspberries 1kg packs on Tuesday.
    Managing director Steven Chaur says the raspberry supplier is no longer used by the company and the recall is a precautionary measure.
    “Investigations through our supply chain have identified a specific source of raspberries as a potential common link to the possible safety issues raised by health authorities,” he said. Other products on the nationwide recall list are Nanna’s Frozen Mixed Berries 1kg packs, and 300g and 500g packs of Creative Gourmet Mixed Berries."

I feel like I should throw my Coles brand raspberries out even though they've not been named just to be sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are there any frozen products with Australian grown berries? I usually check everything I buy but never thought about berries. We have Creative Gourmet raspberries in the freezer. Now I don't want to use them.
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 18-02-2015 at 07:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Are there any frozen products with Australian grown berries? I usually check everything I buy but never though about berries. We have Creative Gourmet raspberries in the freezer. Now I don't want to use them.
    I believe people were being advised to throw away creative gourmet because of the traces of banned pesticides found through testing for the hep a.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (18-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Are there any frozen products with Australian grown berries? I usually check everything I buy but never thought about berries. We have Creative Gourmet raspberries in the freezer. Now I don't want to use them.
    I think the coles brand ones are aussie made..