+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I didn't have any mixed berries in the freezer but I did have a 1kg pack of Nanna's mango pieces, now in the bin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know you can get vaccinated for hep A I have been

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] biscotti View Post
    I didn't have any mixed berries in the freezer but I did have a 1kg pack of Nanna's mango pieces, now in the bin
    I have McCain berries, which haven't been recalled but I'm thinking they'll end up in the bin too, I just don't trust any frozen berry.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    I have McCain berries, which haven't been recalled but I'm thinking they'll end up in the bin too, I just don't trust any frozen berry.
    That's how I feel too, no recall but safer in the bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    Australian grown ones are fine - just check on your packet where they are made

There was a big debate a few years ago against the use of Chinese grown frozen berries as they still use chemicals and pesticides banned here , but they still sell them - there are a few brands of organic Australian grown berries that are safe and chemical free

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Recall of Nanna's Frozen Berries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    They've come from Chile. The water is contaminated, the soil is contaminated. I don't think it's just from one person.
    The blueberries are from Chile, but the other three berries in the mixed berries are from China.

Chile is a first-world country- the water quality is as good as ours, as is the soil. I haven't yet read any authoritative reports which have narrowed down the source of the contamination and determined if it is the Chinese produce, the Chilean produce, or the Australian packaging plant. However, the fact they've so far only recalled the mixed berries (and not the plain Nanna's blueberries which are from Chile) may be informative.
    Last edited by Gentoo; 15-02-2015 at 23:55.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recall of Nanna's Frozen Berries

I just finished the last bits of creative gourmet raspberries two days ago before the recall. Although it is not in the mixed berries pack, they are part of the ingredients. I wonder why they don't recall other berries but the mixed only. Unless they processed the mixed separately? I hope so because I am kinda scare. I am pregnancy.

I also have half bag mango left which I have been using before this as well. It is in the bin now. Organic ones aren't easy to find. Only today, I saw them selling at local IGA.

BTW, when I travelled to Chile, I was advised not to eat any fruit without peeling the skin. This says something about what they do with fruits.
    Last edited by bbhope; 16-02-2015 at 01:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I just finished the last bits of creative gourmet raspberries two days ago before the recall. Although it is not in the mixed berries pack, they are part of the ingredients. I wonder why they don't recall other berries but the mixed only. Unless they processed the mixed separately? I hope so because I am kinda scare. I am pregnancy.

I also have half bag mango left which I have been using before this as well. It is in the bin now. Organic ones aren't easy to find. Only today, I saw them selling at local IGA.

BTW, when I travelled to Chile, I was advised not to eat any fruit without peeling the skin. This says something about what they do with fruits.
    Are yours creative gourmet brand or Nannas brand? Only the Nannas brand have been recalled, not all brands and only the mixed berries ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Chile or China - there's a very good reason why it's recommended to have a Hep A vaccination before travelling to these countries as well as being careful with food and water (bottled, no ice, be wary around salads and anything possibly washed in water etc)
    And evidently- Australia! It was suggested the kids and I could get vaxxed for Hep A before we went to Fiji last year. Everyone said not to bother, but TBH I have heard of several Hep A contaminations of food here in Australia that I decided it would be a good idea to get us all vaxxed.
    We go back for our boosters next month actually.