+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    I think it varies state by state.

When I lived in the ACT I had a friend who had a mammogram just after she turned 40. The nurse? technician? who performed it told her she was too young and told her not to bother coming back for a second one until she was 50. From that anecdote I would gather that there isn't free screening from age 40 in the ACT at least.

On another note, @VicPark I had always imagined you lived in Brisbane, simply because there is a golf course here in Victoria Park that is referred to as Vic Park. From your comment, I can now say you don't live in Qld.
    Golf course, balls....it seems a natural assumption.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Golf course, balls....it seems a natural assumption.
    I hate golf and no offence but I hate qld weather. And if I was to be perfectly honest b@lls aren't my favorite thing either - bloody ugly things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Not to de rail but I always think of @VicPark when I am in the wa suburb called victoria park.

But back on topic. I do get breast pain occasionally but I thought this was just a hormonal thing. Is it not?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CompareTheMeerkat For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I had some weird breast pain late last year and had a breast ultrasound. Was all clear. I was sent for the ultrasound because I had a specific area of pain and being under 40 breast tissue is apparently denser and ultrasound is more accurate.
    Under-40, and especially if only recently stopped breastfeeding, the current recommendation is to have both...that is, breast ultrasound and mammogram (with a new technology called tomosynthesis). Combined, these tests have a very good pick-up rate of early breast cancers.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (14-02-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry Happy Bovine.. Didn't mean to thank your post above. I was scrolling though the thread and my thumb became a bit excited clearly...

Thanks
    Reviews
    my boobs always feel funny, Ive no idea how to tell if theyre lumpy or not :/

I have an increased risk of all cancers (due to exposure to radioactive iodine as an infant) and a long history of ovarian / uterine cancers in my family,

apparently I have an increased risk of cancer in my 40s which is only 12 years away, Ive lost 6 family members and two close friends to forms of cancer so cancer scares the crap out of me

Thanks
    Reviews
    That puckering makes me worry.. But I thought that was normal after having a baby like skon stretched anf now is wrinkley.. Hmm may look into that more thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good reminder VP. It's so important to check yourself regularly and get your GP to do a breast exam too.

I had an ultrasound recently as there was a hard lump in one breast, in the part near the armpit. I was breastfeeding so assumed it was just from that, but my GP go me to have an ultrasound just in case (family history of breast cancer). Thankfully it was nothing to worry about and it has since disappeared.

My boobs are so depressingly deflated since I stopped breastfeeding, I don't really want to acknowledge them anymore let alone get in there for a good rummage, but I will make sure I check them regularly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A good time to feel your boobs is in the shower, when you are soaping up under your armpits too.
    So everyone...get soaping!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey ladies, so have you touched yourself up lately? I had a crack tonight. Might be easier once I stop breastfeeding though.

How are all the mummas with the big C doing?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (26-04-2015)