+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Question for clomid users who already ovulate on their own!

Ok I'm on my 5th round of clomid at the moment. I did 3 rounds in 2013 with no luck. 1 round last year after endo removed, I got a bfp but lost that bub. This is my last try taking it before ivf.

This round I took 25mg. Small dose but I already O just not 'strong enough' and was hoping lower dose = less side effects.

I'm currently CD 17 and still no positive opk. A nice dark line yesterday and today (naughty and used FMU) but definitely not a positive. But the last few cycles without clomid I have O'd on CD 14!

So my question is - does clomid make you ovulate much later than you normally would by yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, it can be really confusing can't it!
    I have pcos and do ovulate on my own but sporadically. I was prescribed clomid in the hopes that it would make me ovulate earlier.
    On 50mg I ovulated on day 21 and fell pregnant on my 2nd cycle.
    However, we have since been trying for number 2 and I'm trying to avoid clomid this time so I have been temping and tracking my cycles and I have found that I ovulate naturally on day 21 anyway. So I'm not actually sure whether the clomid did anything or not.
    25mg is quite a low dose, perhaps talk to your fs about upping the dosage, that may make it happen earlier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just check with them and ask heaps of questions as to their plan and why they think it will work. It may be completely justified and tailored for your body, but always good to check. I know you said that you've down 3 cycles already.
    I fell at the 11th hour with our first child after having 2x 6cycles on clomid over a period of a couple of years. Started on 50mg and went to 100mg when it wasn't working. For our last child I also had to go onto it to help improve egg quality even though I was ovulating on my own. I had a lap done and had 100mg when we fell with our first.