+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Love the tiles @Curby! That's a long time to be without a proper bathroom!!

I sourced those splashback tiles 2.5 years ago but they've since appeared on House Rules and the block which is frustrating - I like to have different things, but oh well can I call myself a trendsetter!? Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing, I dream of renovating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @A-Squared love the tiles, you will have to give us another photo of them. Do they have a sheen to them? Are you using them anywhere else in the house too?

We are having a Reno break as the kitchen is done apart from my rangehood and finishing touches.

I'm starting to decorate DS's nursery now we have gotten to know each other a bit more. First investment is one of these mobiles ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427165237.955831.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Frenchpear I love the colours in that mobile! Gorgeous!!

Our kitchen tiles are honed, not gloss. They still aren't grouted but the grout will be white which will make the overall look much whiter.

I'm heading back to site on Thursday so I'll try and get a better photo then and I'll get some more of the other tiles.
    @Curby what colour grout are you having on those wall tiles? What do your floor tiles look like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just seen this thread! Is the "masters" kitchen flat packs? We use jag kitchens for our clients.
    I love seeing the before and after.

Are you using a project home builder or a builder?
    @A-Squared

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Just seen this thread! Is the "masters" kitchen flat packs? We use jag kitchens for our clients.
    I love seeing the before and after.

Are you using a project home builder or a builder?
    @A-Squared
    How would you define a project home builder and a builder?

I'm not sure about masters kitchens. Ours is from Walls Brothers.

You mention 'your clients' when you spoke about jag kitchens. Are you working in the building industry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My husband is a builder.

A project home builder is one who has showrooms and they do the same houses over and over again.

A builder works with the architect and the client to design and built home and they can change something if needed during the project.

I believe it's something like that, because I mentioned this thread to him last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I will be able to join in on this thread....we put our house on the market last night! So excited! We are only doing touch ups to this house as it needs a lot of work and we don't have enough money for the amount of work needed.

We had a second look at a property in the country and want to make an offer on it. The house is a Victorian era house on more than 70 acres. It needs a lot of work, but DP is a qualified builder (works as a plasterer now) so he will do most of the work. It needs to be renovated and extended, will pretty much need to gut it from the outside in. At some point in history someone took all the original windows out and replaced them with aluminium ones (yuck!).
    This is the house:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427231742.594960.jpg
    It's got such potential, and with DP's skills it could look stunning. A lot of work though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Nafsika we had our plans designed by a building designer but it's being built by a big builder. Everything we are doing is bespoke, we've not really gone for standard anything (other than wardrobes as the upgrades were too pricey.
    @Hollywood what a huge and fun project you could be about to embark on!!! Keep us updated of your progress if you buy it. Before and after pictures please!