+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has used pressed metal for their kitchen splash back and what your opinions are? I'm considering it for our kitchen. It also seems to be ridiculously cheap?!?
    Hey Hun, I think the pros outweigh the cons, but depends how you cook. They can stain with acid based food if they come into contact with it.but can also sent too. It will be quite bold so you'd want to ensure the other kitchen features are paired back and quite basic.

But as you say it's cheap, it looks good, it's eco friendly, easy to clean and durable.

Will you keep the metal look or have it painted?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Hey Hun, I think the pros outweigh the cons, but depends how you cook. They can stain with acid based food if they come into contact with it.but can also sent too. It will be quite bold so you'd want to ensure the other kitchen features are paired back and quite basic.

But as you say it's cheap, it looks good, it's eco friendly, easy to clean and durable.

Will you keep the metal look or have it painted?
    Thanks lady! We would paint it. Either the same colour as the cabinetry - white - or we would add a little colour but nothing too bold. Our walls are called "ashen mist" which is a grey colour, the bench tops are laminex 180fx which is a continuous marble pattern (white and grey again) and our floors are timber.
    We really like a colour called seafoam so a slight green but would have to check how it would go with the grey wall.
    Our first splash back selection was a glass subway tile but at $2000 for the splash back I thought no, that's not in the budget. The next option was a new tile range called "infinity" and they look like pressed metal. And about half the price of the glass tile. They're more matte than glass tiles, which I prefer, but then I started thinking, why go with a pressed metal look when I could just have pressed metal!
    If they're primed and painted will that prevent the damage from acidic foods?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Thanks lady! We would paint it. Either the same colour as the cabinetry - white - or we would add a little colour but nothing too bold. Our walls are called "ashen mist" which is a grey colour, the bench tops are laminex 180fx which is a continuous marble pattern (white and grey again) and our floors are timber.
    We really like a colour called seafoam so a slight green but would have to check how it would go with the grey wall.
    Our first splash back selection was a glass subway tile but at $2000 for the splash back I thought no, that's not in the budget. The next option was a new tile range called "infinity" and they look like pressed metal. And about half the price of the glass tile. They're more matte than glass tiles, which I prefer, but then I started thinking, why go with a pressed metal look when I could just have pressed metal!
    If they're primed and painted will that prevent the damage from acidic foods?
    You'll need to have it powder coated I think so that doesn't become an issue. Also if you're having it behind a cooktop you will need to install a Fibre Cement sheeting or Fire Retardant Gyprock behind the panel in this area and they have to use heat resistant glue.

Do you know if the quote includes those things or is the raw material of pressed metal cheaper than your other two options?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ugh have changed our minds about paint! Meet sample board #3
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1451385174.989758.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ugh have changed our minds about paint! Meet sample board #3
    Attachment 76810
    Do you want a blue grey, a green grey or a neutral grey? Is this for all walls in your new place?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ideally I'd like a neutral grey but every time I say that, paint places keep coming up with greiges like the top right colour - that's called ashen mist and was our original choice.

On this board we both like bottom right (snowdonia 1/2 strength), top middle (morning grey) and maybe the top left for bathrooms and laundry, wherever we're having tiles. That one has only black added to a white base. No other colour. We're having white skirtings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ideally I'd like a neutral grey but every time I say that, paint places keep coming up with greiges like the top right colour - that's called ashen mist and was our original choice.

On this board we both like bottom right (snowdonia 1/2 strength), top middle (morning grey) and maybe the top left for bathrooms and laundry, wherever we're having tiles. That one has only black added to a white base. No other colour. We're having white skirtings.
    Top middle and top left are green greys. Bottom left is a true grey but maybe a bit too dark for all walls. Bottom right is my favourite. Top right is a bit nothing really. Bottom middle is a blue grey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    Attachment 71370
    Any idea what colour I should paint this wall?

It's in the games/play room, where the shelves are white & the fabric boxes in them are red, blue, green & yellow (bright/primary type colours).

It's been cut into & patched so DH can hang a TV on the wall, so I want to paint it soon but can't decide on colour. I like the feature wall as a concept but I'm not keen on what it is now, especially the textured paint.
    Thought I'd bump in case anyone has done some more or wants to join in - we finally got around to painting this wall and it reminded me about this thread!
    Here's what it looks like now
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468320814.504088.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Our builder sent a professional photographer around to take photos of our house for promotional reasons so here are some

Attachment 70648
    Attachment 70649
    Attachment 70650
    Attachment 70651
    Attachment 70652
    Attachment 70653
    Attachment 70654
    Attachment 70655

We still need to put some art and photos on the walls, so still a bit of decorating to do but these are the bones
    I know this thread is old and you moved into your home more than a year ago, but just wanted to say your house looks freakin amazing!

You have done such an incredible job with your colour choices and finishes. Wow!

I'm in awe of anyone who slogs through a build. I wanted to do this earlier in the year when we were looking to buy a new house and we were soooo soo close to buying a KDR property, but eventually bought a house that's ready to move into.. Then we spent 2 weeks fixing up our house for sale and it was 2 of the most stressful weeks I've experienced in a LONG time. I'm definitely not cut out for building/renovating lol I do love watching renovation shows though! And this thread is a lot of fun to look through

We have done some small renovations to properties in the past. I'll post some before & afters.

Our house is going to auction this weekend. I'm really excited

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are you building, renovating or decorating?

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468329690.829343.jpg

Here's a before & after of a kitchen we did in one of our investment properties. The original kitchen was a small eat-in .. We moved the kitchen into the oversized living area (as a galley kitchen) and converted the old kitchen to a 2nd bedroom. It was originally a 1 bedroom apartment.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468330269.842805.jpg

"After" photos of the old kitchen, now the 2nd bedroom.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468330150.846780.jpg
    Last edited by witherwings; 12-07-2016 at 23:31.