+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    For those who don't have down lights, what lighting do you have? We've been quoted $80 per downlight (including the light and installation) and apparently you should have one every 60cm. In our kitchen, dining, family room and hallway that's about 130 lights!! So obviously we're looking for a modern but cheaper alternative.
    Who is quoting that!!!!? Are they at least LED? I'm not so sure about having them every 60cm. My back lounge is 6m x 5m (30sqm) and we only have 6 down lights which are more than enough.

I found that to change a central light from a regular battern fixture to a pendant was $80 extra, but down lights I'm not 100% sure their price each but definitely know every 60cm is definitely overkill

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

JR03  (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    I'll ask DH when he gets home. He's a sparky I know before we left our old house, we replaced the two long fluoros with a large down light type thing. Every 60cm sounds excessive!
    @A-Squared, I actually want to do a blackboard wall outside but wouldn't do it in that room since it's carpeted. Dustless chalk is expensive
    Ah! In that case just regular black pInt would look awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @A-Squared now that I think about it, the guy who told us that is the same guy that gave us a quote for our kitchen that was about 30% more than the other quotes we got, so he's probably given an over-inflated price as well as telling us we need too many!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    @A-Squared now that I think about it, the guy who told us that is the same guy that gave us a quote for our kitchen that was about 30% more than the other quotes we got, so he's probably given an over-inflated price as well as telling us we need too many!
    Wow! That's obviously how he makes his money but probably doesn't have returning customers. Here's our lights

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1436513762.045365.jpg

We either have the pendants on or the downlights and they give off heaps of light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are you building, renovating or decorating?

@JR03 I asked DH & he said that every 60cm sounds over the top, unless the wattage was really low, and then what's the point of down lights!

He also said that he normally allows 1.5-2m between down lights, and in the bedrooms we're working on now (about 4m x 2.4m) he's planning to put in two 10W down lights & that will be more than enough - we could probably get away with just one but since he installs them it's no more expensive.
    Last edited by TaylorMade; 10-07-2015 at 18:38.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

JR03  (10-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'm loving navy blue or black feature walls these days. Black would make the TV not stand out so much but the white shelves and bright storage boxes would pop.

You could even do a blackboard paint that the kids can draw on. Then when they're older, you just dust it off and it's an ordinary black wall again.
    I am loving dark brown with a black or red feature wall. I have looked at blackboard paint but i don't like the dense cold look when not drawn on. I think it looks awesome on accessories like kitchen cupboards

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1436599864.493399.jpg

This is the ensuite. I haven't got a tape measure ATM. DH took it before going away. We did a $40 vanity before the x tenants moved in. I HATE it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    We went to look at a house and there were cameras there. Channel 9 news were there looking for a young investor to interview. Guess who the idiot is who got roped into being interviewed!!!? Yep! ME! my hair was a mess, I was all daggy, had no make up on..... Ugh! So embarrassing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    We went to look at a house and there were cameras there. Channel 9 news were there looking for a young investor to interview. Guess who the idiot is who got roped into being interviewed!!!? Yep! ME! my hair was a mess, I was all daggy, had no make up on..... Ugh! So embarrassing!
    Hhaha im going to watch the news tonight now 😝

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Attachment 71406

This is the ensuite. I haven't got a tape measure ATM. DH took it before going away. We did a $40 vanity before the x tenants moved in. I HATE it
    It's not so bad. I would put a shaving cabinet above it for storage, a frameless shower screen and slimline toilet. What is your budget?