+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    [QUOTE=inner hippy;8230156]
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'd be careful of going too beige. If you're using those colours Id suggest mixing in a lot of white and perhaps black.[/QUOTE

That's what I'm worried about with those colours, it looking to beige and boring
    I really like those white hexagon tiles. Maybe white and wood with a hint of the beige or sand or maybe even copper or gold in the accessories.

Thanks @A-Squared you are the Reno thread guru. You try talking it over with your hubby and they go off on a different tangent or don't really 'get' it.
    Haha, yep! DH leaves the design ideas to me and he handles the build details / issues and external stuff. I get the same way when he talks fences which is our next step. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Here's some white hexagon tiles

http://www.tiles4less.com.au/51mmx51...agonal-mosaic/

Works out to $67.60 a square meter which is quite good as you would only use it on one wall, not everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Are you building, renovating or decorating?

PS. Love your idea of copper taps and spouts etc

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I get the quote tomorrow! Im so anxious! They did two for me, one for the kitchen of my dreams and one thats still nice but more budget friendly!

Eeeek!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH measured up our kitchen last night to get an idea of prices & layout etc. We're just looking at the Kaboodle kitchens you get at Bunnings for now, because DH will want to install everything himself, and my dad works at Bunnings so can get us a discount.

Overhead cupboards in the kitchen - do many people have/use them? I'm quite short so probably won't be able to reach them easily enough to use everyday, so are they still worth having? DH is pretty set on having them but I'm still dubious as to spending the extra for something I haven't much use for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    DH measured up our kitchen last night to get an idea of prices & layout etc. We're just looking at the Kaboodle kitchens you get at Bunnings for now, because DH will want to install everything himself, and my dad works at Bunnings so can get us a discount.

Overhead cupboards in the kitchen - do many people have/use them? I'm quite short so probably won't be able to reach them easily enough to use everyday, so are they still worth having? DH is pretty set on having them but I'm still dubious as to spending the extra for something I haven't much use for.
    I'm only 5 ft 2 and I think they're a must. You can keep your every day items down below and in the pantry then keep your once in a while things and good crockery and cutlery above. I can generally only reach the bottom shelf and anything at the front of the second shelf but I have so much kitchen things I need the storage.

Or you could just go for open shelving to keep your good crockery on??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

TaylorMade  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are you building, renovating or decorating?

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post

We have overhead shelving around the rangehood and use it all the time One one side it's spices etc as it's right near the cooktop and the other side is spreads because it's over the toaster!

Eta: I meant over head cupboards!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

TaylorMade  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I use them! And I even have a big pantry. I store my tea, coffee etc there (I hate having crap on my bench.)

I have one side of draws pots, pans, and my cooking things (Bellini, magi mix and kitchenaid) etc. all fits in Deep draws. Plus long draw for my platters!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

TaylorMade  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies we are currently renovating and I can't decide which tiles I like better, they will be in our lounge kitchen dining and hallway pretty much the whole house except bedrooms bathrooms and laundry. They are timber look tiles
    Attachment 71281
    What do you think?
    (Please don't quote will need to delete later )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    The image isn't appearing on my app.