+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    Oh I thought you just moved into your house? Are you planning on keeping it rented out for a long time or are you going to stop renting it out and live in there permanently?

What colour bricks do you have? Painted brick can look pretty awful and form my understanding requires a fair amount of up keep to ensure it looks alright.
    Yeah we will be in it for a while before we rent it out again but DH just got an interstate job so I have to fix everything before it gets rented out again. I love the idea of render but I think then I'm spending too much on it? Hope that makes sense. It's brown. It's an ex housing trust in southern suburbs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Today's project - build a fence (only been on the to do list for 5 years).

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1436061164.157938.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are looking to renovate our bathroom. My first ever Reno and Im scared lol. It's our place but we plan on selling in a few (5ish) years. I want to spend smart for the best return. I'm not sure what to spend money on and what to save on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    What area @A-Squared? Good luck!!

I'm having dilemma do I just leave our house and rent it out or do we do bathrooms first before renting it out for more return? Help! I want to paint our brick work has anyone done this before? Is it a big job?
    Plympton Park. We didn't get it. It went for $50k over what we wanted to pay. Well over priced! Oh well, it wasn't the right time or project I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by inner hippy View Post
    We are looking to renovate our bathroom. My first ever Reno and Im scared lol. It's our place but we plan on selling in a few (5ish) years. I want to spend smart for the best return. I'm not sure what to spend money on and what to save on.
    I would spend money on frameless shower screens and stone Benchtops on vanities. Big baths also sell bathrooms. Splurge on floor tiles, but save on wall tiles. Taps and spouts etc can easily be upgraded by who ever buys it from you in the future.

Also don't be too tight with toilets, avoid ones with plastic seats and lids, but don't bother hiding the cisterns, you lose space and it's not worth the added cost as you can get some nice looking toilets that done need to be hidden (it's also cheaper to do any repairs if the toilet breaks).

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

barefootbabe  (07-07-2015),inner hippy  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I would spend money on frameless shower screens and stone Benchtops on vanities. Big baths also sell bathrooms. Splurge on floor tiles, but save on wall tiles. Taps and spouts etc can easily be upgraded by who ever buys it from you in the future.

Also don't be too tight with toilets, avoid ones with plastic seats and lids, but don't bother hiding the cisterns, you lose space and it's not worth the added cost as you can get some nice looking toilets that done need to be hidden (it's also cheaper to do any repairs if the toilet breaks).
    We are hoping to keep the floor tiles as is because they are the same throughout the house. I like the frameless shower screens and have room to make the bath slightly bigger, but our bathroom isn't that big and it's two way which cuts down useable area. I like the idea of a solid wood vanity top but worried it will date or is an acquired taste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMAG0991.jpgIMAG0992.jpgIMAG0993.jpg

IMAG0993.jpg

Photos of my bathroom currently. As you can see there is a big window. I want to get rid of the inside blind and put outdoor blind/shutter where you can see out but can't see in and put a vertical/hanging garden outside. Make the window and vertical garden view a 'feature' maybe a feature/mosaic tile up that back wall around the window. Maybe a statement mirror. I was thinking maybe a neutral/sand/mushroom colour scheme. Thoughts?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    We are hoping to keep the floor tiles as is because they are the same throughout the house. I like the frameless shower screens and have room to make the bath slightly bigger, but our bathroom isn't that big and it's two way which cuts down useable area. I like the idea of a solid wood vanity top but worried it will date or is an acquired taste.
    I would keep everything else modern if you go with timber top as it can still look really good.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1436073985.586883.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1436074034.587206.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1436074066.071825.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

inner hippy  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Attachment 71254Attachment 71255Attachment 71256

Attachment 71256

Photos of my bathroom currently. As you can see there is a big window. I want to get rid of the inside blind and put outdoor blind/shutter where you can see out but can't see in and put a vertical/hanging garden outside. Make the window and vertical garden view a 'feature' maybe a feature/mosaic tile up that back wall around the window. Maybe a statement mirror. I was thinking maybe a neutral/sand/mushroom colour scheme. Thoughts?!
    I'd be careful of going too beige. If you're using those colours Id suggest mixing in a lot of white and perhaps black.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

inner hippy  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=A-Squared;8230130]I'd be careful of going too beige. If you're using those colours Id suggest mixing in a lot of white and perhaps black.[/QUOTE

That's what I'm worried about with those colours, it looking to beige and boring
    I really like those white hexagon tiles. Maybe white and wood with a hint of the beige or sand or maybe even copper or gold in the accessories.

Thanks @A-Squared you are the Reno thread guru. You try talking it over with your hubby and they go off on a different tangent or don't really 'get' it.