+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have just started moving back into our place. It's not perfect but it's ours

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1435491317.189981.jpg

We did the kitchen last year. (It's just going to be investment). It was my grandmas home and she originally had one side brand new so I just finished one side haha! The floors and we just need finish the bathrooms eventually. :/ the floors will be getting redone though!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-07-2015),JR03  (28-06-2015)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We are getting some quotes for a new kitchen tomorrow! So excited but also, really nervous!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    We are getting some quotes for a new kitchen tomorrow! So excited but also, really nervous!!!
    How did you go with your quotes? Were they in budget?

We are going to be bidding for a house tomorrow morning at auction! It's a maisonette that needs work on a big block, so we want to do a renovation and subdivide it and either sell the block or build and then sell.

I'm so excited as it's been a while since we have done a renovation. It's going to need a new kitchen, new and bigger bathroom, new floors and a lick of paint. We would also turn the kitchen window into bifold doors out to the back yard. I'm beyond excited! But knowing my luck it will go for more than we are willing to pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck this morning @A-Squared!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    Good luck this morning @A-Squared!
    Thank you! How are your renos going? Is your bathroom finished?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thank you! How are your renos going? Is your bathroom finished?
    Haha not yet 😪 We have the bath finished, and need to install the frameless shower screen and the vanity. Will hopefully get a chance in the next couple of weeks when I'm on holidays!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (05-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @A-Squared I will forever be in awe of your ability to manage multiple properties at once! Train me in your ways! 😃We just own our one house and I have no idea how we'd be able to buy an investment, too.

Good luck at the auction!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe View Post
    @A-Squared I will forever be in awe of your ability to manage multiple properties at once! Train me in your ways! 😃We just own our one house and I have no idea how we'd be able to buy an investment, too.

Good luck at the auction!
    Thank you. For DH and I, we don't want to work full time in jobs we don't like up until we retire at 65, so we are motivated to try and pay off our mortgage ASAP and the quickest way we see to do this is investing in property - plus we both love it.

We were both lucky to live at home with our parents throughout Uni and we saved deposits from our first jobs to buy our first properties in our early 20s when the property market wasn't going crazy - well in Adelaide at least.

I remember a lady at work when I worked in retail at Uni who taught me all about how equity works and borrowing off the equity in properties you have to buy something else. I couldn't believe it was even possible to do that. And I've always loved houses since I was a kid.

If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask in this thread.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

barefootbabe  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What area @A-Squared? Good luck!!

I'm having dilemma do I just leave our house and rent it out or do we do bathrooms first before renting it out for more return? Help! I want to paint our brick work has anyone done this before? Is it a big job?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are you building, renovating or decorating?

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    What area @A-Squared? Good luck!!

I'm having dilemma do I just leave our house and rent it out or do we do bathrooms first before renting it out for more return? Help! I want to paint our brick work has anyone done this before? Is it a big job?
    Oh I thought you just moved into your house? Are you planning on keeping it rented out for a long time or are you going to stop renting it out and live in there permanently?

What colour bricks do you have? Painted brick can look pretty awful and form my understanding requires a fair amount of up keep to ensure it looks alright.