+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ez131 View Post
    established plants are even more exy, totally insane, if plants came with a guarantee then i could maybe justify paying the price but they don't
    Not sure if they have the plants your after but Bunnings have warranty on their plants I think they call it the perfect plant promise, if plants die within a year of purchase, return the dead plant with receipt for a full refund

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolen View Post
    Not sure if they have the plants your after but Bunnings have warranty on their plants I think they call it the perfect plant promise, if plants die within a year of purchase, return the dead plant with receipt for a full refund
    That's awesome! So all plants!? How do you prove it was the plant quality and not lack of care?

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as I know it's all plants we had some yucca style plants that died after a few months (I'm guessing it was due to my total lack of gardening skills) and when we went looking for replacement plants the staff member told us to return the old ones, we returned their dead little plants and got a full refund no questions asked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stolen View Post
    never knew this!!! wow great to know. thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Oooh! Love the splashback the tap and benchtop!
    Thanks! Everyone tried to tell us that big tiles are more on trend for splash backs, but I love the classic subway tile look, and we went for one with a beveled edge to add interest.

The tap is one of the new PuraTap mixer taps, where the filter water comes through the same hardware so you don't have to cut a hole in your sink for a separate tap. Love the look of it

And the benches are my favourite. Given that this isn't our forever home, we were tossing up between stone and cheaper options, but the stone was too beautiful to pass up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe View Post
    Thanks! Everyone tried to tell us that big tiles are more on trend for splash backs, but I love the classic subway tile look, and we went for one with a beveled edge to add interest.

The tap is one of the new PuraTap mixer taps, where the filter water comes through the same hardware so you don't have to cut a hole in your sink for a separate tap. Love the look of it

And the benches are my favourite. Given that this isn't our forever home, we were tossing up between stone and cheaper options, but the stone was too beautiful to pass up
    Better for resale as people won't look at the kitchen thinking they will have to update something.

I don't agree large tiles are on trend. Subway tiles are timeless AND very now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

barefootbabe  (20-06-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My first time posting in this thread.
    DF and I are about to build our forever family home.
    We have chosen builder and a design and have added everything we want. I've got the quote and I need to cut about 10% from the quote. What are the kinds of things you cut?
    I'm trying to work off the idea that we should do upfront, anything we can't change later. E.g ceiling height, bricks, floor boards.
    Think about cutting things we can always do later or aren't essential like our stone bench tops, double hung windows. Things like that.
    What are your savings principles when building?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    We have chosen builder and a design and have added everything we want. I've got the quote and I need to cut about 10% from the quote. What are the kinds of things you cut?
    I'm trying to work off the idea that we should do upfront, anything we can't change later. E.g ceiling height, bricks, floor boards.
    Think about cutting things we can always do later or aren't essential like our stone bench tops, double hung windows. Things like that.
    Basic taps etc less power points do you have any tradesman friends? I wouldn't cut things that will save you money in long run eg if you wanted underfloor heating something like that

11. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (20-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it might be time I subbed in DH & I just moved into our 'forever' house. It's 16 years old & some things are a bit old-looking or dated so we're excited to renovate it as we go - kitchen and laundry are first up!

This thread will be great for some inspiration, and I want to decorate all the rooms as we go too, and I'm pretty sure there'll be some hubbers in here with better taste than I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    I haven't built myself but things that dh and I were looking at doing:

Basic light fittings - you can upgrade each room as you decorate
    Basic kitchen with good bones / appliances - bench tops and cupboard doors can be easily upgraded
    Good tiles but basic carpet
    No painting (my husband's a painter - this saved 6k alone)
    Basic plumbing fittings
    No landscaping

We were planning on spending the money on good insulation, heating and cooling, double glazed windows - basically anything that made our home more energy efficient and will save money in the long run so that we had the money to upgrade

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (20-06-2015)