+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    @barefootbabe, we bought ours through Walls Brothers Kitchens.

The appliances, sinks, taps and tiles etc for our kitchen, bathroom, ensuite and laundry are being paid for through our builder, so the cabinetry, handles and benchtops for those areas are through walls brothers and came to $33k including GST and that's for the shaker style doors and caesarstone Benchtops

The only masters kitchen I looked at in detail were the shaker style doors and they were terrible. Admittedly I didn't look closely at the other types, so perhaps that was just their cheapest range??
    OMG! Lol I almost die at prices of kitchens. We paid 4k for our kitchen, laundry. Soft close draws. We were very lucky. The only thing we didn't get was stone bench tops because it's a rental.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honey gold View Post
    Ok this is the current state of the house we are renovating. It looks like quite the mess but we have actually done a fair bit of work already. Once the new sliding door, windows and kitchen go in it'll mostly just be cosmetic work left to do, painting and decorating, I can't wait!! And then the garden too
    This is how the place currently looks from outside
    Attachment 67279

This used to be two small rooms but we cut the concrete out in the middle to make it one big space, windows have been taken out and new cypress floor down.
    Attachment 67280

This shows the insulation we put under the floor.
    Attachment 67281

Our modwood verandah, modwood is such awesome stuff, made from a mixture of pine shavings and recycled milk bottles, it looks good, is durable and feels nice under foot too, and best of all no yearly oiling!
    Attachment 67282
    Oh my god! Where is your house? That is beautiful!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    OMG! Lol I almost die at prices of kitchens. We paid 4k for our kitchen, laundry. Soft close draws. We were very lucky. The only thing we didn't get was stone bench tops because it's a rental.
    The stone Benchtops are the killer. Also if you don't go standard gloss or laminex doors it sure adds up!

We tend to go cheaper / standard with our rentals or you just over capitalise and it's not appreciated by tenants

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I belong in here, although we are too broke atm to actually fix anything lol.
    We bought a fixer upper, and it's going to have some great before and afters (I'll have to get around to taking some befores, this place is a mess but I think it has a lot of potential ).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (27-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    The stone Benchtops are the killer. Also if you don't go standard gloss or laminex doors it sure adds up!

We tend to go cheaper / standard with our rentals or you just over capitalise and it's not appreciated by tenants
    There is a shop near my house I think you would love it!! It's next door to seacliff bakery. It's owned by a interior designer! I have to keep myself out of there 😵😵

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    There is a shop near my house I think you would love it!! It's next door to seacliff bakery. It's owned by a interior designer! I have to keep myself out of there 😵😵
    Oooh sounds nice! What's it called? I've never noticed it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's what it looks like now! Cupboards are being delivered tomorrow. My house is covered in dust, ha!

Loving getting little glimpses of everyone's projects 😀ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427638858.944502.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427638883.836656.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1427638910.643239.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Are you building, renovating or decorating?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe View Post
    Here's what it looks like now! Cupboards are being delivered tomorrow. My house is covered in dust, ha!

Loving getting little glimpses of everyone's projects 😀Attachment 68750Attachment 68751Attachment 68752
    Woo Hoo! All gone!!!!! I love the demo part.

Did you get in there to bash some of the old stuff out?

You mentioned you're originally from Canada? How long have you life's here? Do you watch any of the Canadian reno and design shows on lifestyle home? Sarah Richardson, Candice Olson, the property brothers?
    Last edited by A-Squared; 30-03-2015 at 02:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What are people's opinions on tiles vs wooden floor boards?

I really can't decide

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Floor boards all the way! They aren't cold like tiles, tile grout stains, tiles hurt more when babies and toddlers fall on them.

The only downside to timber floorboards is you can't get them really wet with a mop, but you can get really authentic looking laminate floorboards these days. Quickstep have a great range of authentic looking laminate

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (30-03-2015)