+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm feeling sick about this and dreading hearing the news! Can't begin to imagine what they and their families are going through! Yes they made a stupid mistake but they have spent the last 10 years learning from that mistake and are clearly reformed! To execute them now (in such and in humane way) is just ********! I can't get my head around it! It's heartbreaking!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (28-04-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    http://www.mercycampaign.org/

A working link for this who wish to sign the petition.
    (sorry OP the link you posted didn't work for me x )

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-02-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (15-02-2015),misskittyfantastico  (14-02-2015),PomPoms  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's the inconsistencies of sentencing that is the most frustrating. The link in my OP has a story about it.

Tanya Plibersek nailed it when she said that punishment should not made on how we feel "but on the basis of universal, consistently applied rules"

Indonesia is failing miserably in this department.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    http://www.mercycampaign.org/

A working link for this who wish to sign the petition.
    (sorry OP the link you posted didn't work for me x )
    Thanks!!! Any chance you could make my other links work? Not sure why they didn't link.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-02-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thanks!!! Any chance you could make my other links work? Not sure why they didn't link.
    Perhaps a mod can fix them?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I know they did the wrong thing, pretty much made the worst decisions that they could have made and I do believe that they should be punished for this but the death penalty? It doesn't work as a deterrent, it's never ok and I will never support it no matter what the circumstance.

This is just an inhumane, waste of two lives.

I stand for mercy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, the double standards by Indonesia make this case a thousands times worse. It is just so Inhumane.

"Hangky Gunawan, an Indonesian ice manufacturer who was convicted in 2007 and was handed the death penalty before his appeal - which followed directly after the Bali Nine duos' - won him both a reduced sentence and most importantly, his life"

From the Daily Mail, the article is questioning why local drug traffickers have had their appeals accepted and sentences change, when they won't even consider it for these two.

It makes me feel that there is something more to this, like it is politically motivated, almost like Indonesia showing us that they won't back down or something, even if our leaders beg and plead. Which makes me even more upset - imagine using people as pawns like that.

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    It's the inconsistencies of sentencing that is the most frustrating. The link in my OP has a story about it.

Tanya Plibersek nailed it when she said that punishment should not made on how we feel "but on the basis of universal, consistently applied rules"

Indonesia is failing miserably in this department.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-02-2015),HappyBovinexx  (14-02-2015),PomPoms  (14-02-2015),Skyler  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yes, the double standards by Indonesia make this case a thousands times worse. It is just so Inhumane.

"Hangky Gunawan, an Indonesian ice manufacturer who was convicted in 2007 and was handed the death penalty before his appeal - which followed directly after the Bali Nine duos' - won him both a reduced sentence and most importantly, his life"

From the Daily Mail, the article is questioning why local drug traffickers have had their appeals accepted and sentences change, when they won't even consider it for these two.

It makes me feel that there is something more to this, like it is politically motivated, almost like Indonesia showing us that they won't back down or something, even if our leaders beg and plead. Which makes me even more upset - imagine using people as pawns like that.
    It's so messed up

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Signed.

This just seems so wrong. Everyone around them is saying that they have reformed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

I have just read the article you are talking about.

It makes no sense, there seems to be no consistency. I'm not sure why in one case it is against the constitution and another in another case it is not.

I agree with your thoughts that there is something more to this

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (28-04-2015)