+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BbBbBh View Post
    Maybe ask him to forgo finding out and you will give the baby his surname? Don't buy into the sulky thing. His reason for knowing doesn't outweigh your reason for not knowing.
    Agree - especially since he will find out in a couple of months anyway, whereas you won't have any other chance at having a surprise again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you really don't want to find out then don't let him either! We had a scan at 29 weeks with DD3. I didn't want to find out but DH did. The sonographer told DH ...and I knew within the week. He could not help himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If it's a woman's right to bodily autonomy/ choice when it comes to whether or not to proceed with a pregnancy.... Then surely you can play the bodily autonomy card now.

Or you could play the "I'm going to have my vagina ripped in half so it's my call ya ********" card.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sure some will disagree but I think this is a case of my uterus, my rules. Obviously try to find a compromise that works for you both but if you can't..... I think the woman gets the final say on it. X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I'm finding it difficult to completely pull rank here, it's his baby too and I don't want him to feel powerless. If he had legitimate reasons for wanting to find out id be more open to it, but for me "because I want to" doesn't cut it. I might remind him that either way he'll find out the sex of the baby, but I can only get my surprise once.

I may have played the "my vagina, my rules" card at some point, then felt awful for it lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

BeingPositive  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 3 scans with DD2 and each time she was in a position that the ultrasound techs couldn't see! They weren't even able to take a guess because of her position.
    Hopefully for you bub is upside down and legs crossed so nothing can be seen!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    I had 3 scans with DD2 and each time she was in a position that the ultrasound techs couldn't see! They weren't even able to take a guess because of her position.
    Hopefully for you bub is upside down and legs crossed so nothing can be seen!!
    Maybe I'll slip the ultrasound tech a $50 beforehand and bribe him to tell my partner exactly this lol.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peanuthead For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (14-02-2015),Cicho  (13-02-2015),GrabbyCrabby  (14-02-2015),MARTTC  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does the my uterus, my rules go the other way? I want to find out, DH initially didn't but now does so we're all good but I'm curious if you'd still say that if it was the other way..

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had this dilemma with my oldest. I didn't want to know and dh did. In the end I pulled the 'it's my medical appt and what I say goes' card. When we were in there dh asked the sonographer but the lady ended up turning our screen off when she looked at that area so dh couldn't sneak a peak! I loved the surprise and it was one thing that really helped me through a pregnancy i did not enjoy.

second time around I let dh get his way and we found out. That was also special as we were the only two who knew what the baby would be the whole way through. It was a nice little secret to share with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband wanted to know and I didn't. I gave permission for the tech to tell him while I was going to the toilet halfway through the scan. Because there is a chance they can't see the sex, I didn't know if they even told hubby the sex and he never let on if he knew it, let alone which sex bub was. Bottom line is though, legally it is your medical info and your partner doesn't automatically have the right to know. Your tech should ask your permission to tell him.