+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default iVF Cancelled due to OHSS

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if theres anyone out there whose iVF cycle has been cancelled due to OHSS.?

I have PCOS and this is my second cycle.
    First cycle was cancelled because i was pretty much bleeding throughout. I was on FSH injections for 22 days before they decided to cancel it.
    Second cycle i have about 10 follicles at 15-16mm plus heapsa little ones.

Im waiting for a phone call as to whether or not it will be cancelled.

Just thought id ask while i wait for the phone call.

Really hope this one isnt cancelled again

Backround info
    Me : 27years
    Hubby : 27years
    4 failed cycles of chlomid
    2nd cycle of iVF
    Had polyps removed 3 months ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    My last cycle wasn't cancelled but I was in having extra blood tests and US as I was heading towards ohss. I was then adjusting my injections accordingly...Are they monitoring you closely? At one stage I had them every day for 3 days till it slowed down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi hun, I have now done 2 IVF cycles, my second cycle came very close to being cancelled, I had around 16 follicles after a long cycle. I was told to have a blood test to look at oestrogen and if it was extremely high they would cancel as I would be at risk of OHSS. When my results came back they were very surprised to find the level was a lot lower than expected. For that reason I went ahead with egg pick up where 18 follicles were taken but I had a freeze all cycle so didn't make it to a transfer due to high risk of OHSS. Fortunately I didn't suffer too much and was only uncomfortable for a few days, I had 3 embryos make it to freeze and am currently going through my first FET. Have your clinic not spoken to you about a freeze all cycle as an option? I also have PCOS and they have found it very difficult finding the right balance of FSH for me, fine line between nothing happening and over stimulating for me. My nurses were concerned the same would happen again so tried to push for the go ahead.

Really hope you can continue on your cycle hun - good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am another with PCOS. In august I had egg collection, about 25 follicles seen all up beforehand but many were small like you and only 11 mature eggs were collected. Due to high estrogen levels the transfer was cancelled due to ohss risk and it was just as well as I did end up with ohss. I went on to have a frozen transfer in November and currently 17 weeks pregnant. With only moderate ohss my abdomen swelled up way more than my 17 week pregnant belly! Very uncomfortable for at least a week. With only 10 mature-ish follicles I would be hoping that egg collection still happens for you - fingers crossed. I remember how awful it was getting the transfer cancelled and having to wait out a full cycle for frozen but got there in the end - after 2 full years of treatment. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

So noone called me yesterday.
    I ddnt want to follow up thnkn no news is good news n when i checked their website they hd actually closed for the day 😔
    So i was clueless!
    After a while i thought id still follow the plan she gave me yesterday (trying to remembr whether she said she'll only call if it was cancelled otherwise carry on with plan)
    So this morning i done my last set of injections n just dd my trigger injection 15min ago.
    Fingers crossed everything is ok n they ddnt just forget to ring me yestrday n send me home Monday morning when i turn up with my partners semen.
    #FeelingUnsure

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Another Update

I went in for egg pickup today n the doctor said after my polyps were removed the hospital was meant to put me on treatment for 6months. So he decided on the spot the i wasnt going to come bk fr egg collection and that they were gonna freeze my eggs. My procedure was soooo painful. 14 follicles in total.. i didnt bleed at all after tho so must b a good sign? Not sure. I feel they didnt give me enough info so im stil abit confused about whats happenn. They mustve told me alot while i was sedated but ive actually forgotten now. Waiting for a call bk tomorrow to see if any eggs fertilised. Fingers crossd so i dnt hve to go through all this again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Herxshe - I can't believe that they didn't contact you to confirm things were going ahead I would have been so annoyed with them - did you question this today? Sorry to hear that you are having to have a freeze all cycle (sounds again that's due to error which must be disappointing) hope all goes well with your embies hun though and you get a few to the freeze stage (14 is a good number). Keep us updated

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3rd Update

Nurse just called to advise 11 eggs fertilised. I have an app with the doctor in 3 weeks where she believes he will put me on treatment for 4-6months. She mentioned something about provera or the iud. Will find out more at my doctor's app . Just wanna get those eggs into me already 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep another one with PCOS. My doc told me from the get go having PCOS I would be at an increased risk of OHSS. After egg pick up (16 retrieved, 11 fertilised, 2 made it into the freezer (JUST ) ) I was so ill for one and a half weeks, bloated and so sore to walk etc. So needless to say transfer was cancelled. Having a month off now and having a FET in March. Fingers crossed. The communication of your clinic would annoy me too, sounds very frustrating! Hope all goes well for you, good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry was meant to say I did end up with OHSS.