+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Periods while pregnant?

has anyone had their 'period' while being pregnant? If so, what were they like? ( I know it's not an actual period) And did u get pos hpt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yes you can have period like bleeding in pregnancy. If you are pregnant then you will get a positive hpt. I've not personally had the bleeding though. If you have a period and a negative hpt, then I'm sorry and it is most likely you are not pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So how did u know you were pregnant? Did u get a pos hpt?
    I'm so sure that I'm pregnant but getting neg hpt. Bleeding the time my af is due however the last 2 months have been much lighter and shorter than normal. This would be my 3rd so I know all symptoms. Just not too sure. I had 2 bleeds with my first and 1 with my second so thinking it's quite possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mum continued her regular "period" while pregnant on me, and didn't know she was pregnant until past 6 months.
    She had infrequent "periods" on the other 4 too. But had symptoms so tested early on.

She also had them during 2 miscarriages.

Some people just continue to bleed, I guess?

I had a short bleed last week (two days, very light), so I might be the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacingdreams View Post
    So how did u know you were pregnant? Did u get a pos hpt?
    I'm so sure that I'm pregnant but getting neg hpt. Bleeding the time my af is due however the last 2 months have been much lighter and shorter than normal. This would be my 3rd so I know all symptoms. Just not too sure. I had 2 bleeds with my first and 1 with my second so thinking it's quite possible.
    Presumably you also got BFPs with your first two though?

It is possible you are getting symptoms because you have convinced yourself... It is also possible that you are pregnant.
    But if you are getting BFN's and regular bleeding around your period, it is more likely that you are not pregnant.

If you are certain, contact your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I knew a woman who had regular periods right up to her 3rd trimester. Big shock for her when she found out in a few short months she was going to have a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A friend of mine was on the pill, getting her period as normal, and got negative preg tests. She went to the dr to find out why she was feeling so run down, blood test showed she was actually pregnant! Scan revealed she was 15 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I did when I was pregnant with DS1. They were a bit shorter and lighter than usual and there was brown blood as well as red.

I didn't do tests because I didn't think I was and went to the Dr to ask about the colour and see if I had to change my pill. Found out I was almost 12 weeks pregnant instead.