+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I would keep going as long as your MS isn't prohibiting you but that would be my choice if it was me. Everything in pregnancy that contains risks comes down to personal choice, what you're comfortable with doing. Definitely check with your FS/OB and get their opinion before deciding. I was told that if I overheated I would feel incredibly uncomfortable long before any damage was done to bub but again, that was me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am doing pregnancy hydrotherapy with the physio every week in a pool heated to 34 degrees. I also use my spa at home set to 36 degrees. Both recommended to help my back issues - ob has no issues with it. The issue is overheating your body - as long as the water temp is lower than body temp it should be fine. So for me as long as the temp is 36 or less I am not worried. 36 feels just warm and certainly not hot enough to heat your core temp particularly as someone else said you have at least part of your body out of the water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was wondering this also but more so about the chlorine? My dd does her swimming lesson in a big pool that is sectioned off into all the different classes so there's heaps of kiddies! I guess because of this, the chlorine seems pretty strong and I can feel it hit my eyes as soon as we walk in to the place (indoor pool)...... I wonder if all the wee and chlorine is ok being absorbed into your skin while prego?? I've changed my shampoo, face wash and household cleaners to natural stuff but surely this is just as bad or worse?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again! I will speak to my fs this week so i will ask then.. They said strictly no baths or spas in the few weeks after ivf transfer then when i was watching my son at swimming lessons there is a mumma who is expecting whom i over heard saying she can't go in with her child anymore because she is pregnant.. Thought i missed some important info lol! Really hope to be back in the pool soon! :thumbup: