+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I definitely wouldn't tell him you found it! Let it be a complete surprise. You got a quick glance at the ring so you know he's planning it but you don't know when or where. When the time comes you'd probably guess what was up anyway so it's not like knowing he's planning it will give anything away and you'll still be surprised. Once you get a good look at the ring you might realise you like it more than you think. Heck, when he proposes he might even say something like "we can change it if you don't like it" (I wouldn't take him up on that unless it was truly godawful, though!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont love mine either. We had spoken about rings and he knew what I wanted. I am a minimalist and modern when it comes to jewellery, he is old school. My ring is old school.

I asked him about it the other week actually - 'Why didn't you get the plain band with one emerald square cut ?' and he said he did ask for one but they didn't have one. hmmmm I walk past our Jeweller ALL the time and there are most definitely A L W A Y S rings like I love. It has grown on my over time though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

WanabeMumma  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    I dont love mine either. We had spoken about rings and he knew what I wanted. I am a minimalist and modern when it comes to jewellery, he is old school. My ring is old school.

I asked him about it the other week actually - 'Why didn't you get the plain band with one emerald square cut ?' and he said he did ask for one but they didn't have one. hmmmm I walk past our Jeweller ALL the time and there are most definitely A L W A Y S rings like I love. It has grown on my over time though.
    Would you consider changing it for the one you wanted??

To be honest knowing he has got me a ring and that at some point hopefully soon the moment I have dreamt about is going to happen excites me and makes me really happy so I am hoping that when I get a good look at it its not as bad as I originally thought.. Deep down I know I'm not going to fully be in love with it because it's not what I wanted or had said I liked.. But hopefully it will grow on me... And I Learn to love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just wait for the proposal. I think you'll still be very emotional and excited when it happens so don't worry too much about it not being a surprise any more. You still don't know when and how he's going to do it.

As for the ring, maybe you'll feel differently when you see it properly. If you really don't like it then I think it's best to be honest and diplomatically ask him if it would be alright for you to change it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Look on the bright side...

At least he is putting some thought into it. Definitely some points there. With whether or not you say something to him...that's a tough one.

More information would be necessary, like:

a) how long ago did he buy it?

b) can it be exchanged?

c) was it designed or off the floor?

d) how sensitive he is and if it will hurt his feelings forever.

e) can it be remodelled?
    Last edited by Little Ted; 12-02-2015 at 11:26.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default You don't like the ring?!

After he proposes, you'll have to show us a picture of the ring! I'm so curious and also eager for him to propose! I can only imagine how you feel. I'd be like "maybe this weekend!!!!".

I found my ring (I had picked out the exact ring so I knew what I was getting) and DH knew. It was an awful six months before he proposed. He didn't do it at Christmas, in fact he didn't even get me a birthday present in January because he figured I would just be annoyed it wasn't the ring! He finally proposed on Mother's Day in May!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (12-02-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (12-02-2015),TheGooch  (12-02-2015),WanabeMumma  (12-02-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Yes, definitely show it off.

In fact, maybe we should start a new "show us ya ring" thread

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post

Or you could bump the old one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post

I think I am going to go insane waiting for it to happen... He doesn't believe in Valentine's Day so not expecting it this weekend.. And we are going away for holidays with his daughter first week of March so maybe he will while we were away... I honestly have no idea I know he has always said he will catch me off guard when he does it so who would know!!! Could be tonight could be 6 months time!! 😁 but I will certainly post a pic to this thread when it happens..

I can't thank you ladies enough for your comments I am not feeling so bad about it anymore and to be honest I can't really remember exactly what the ring looked like so who knows maybe because it wasn't what j was expecting to see is why I said I don't like it but maybe once it is on my hand I might actually love it!! All I know is there is no way I would ever say no.. He is the love of my life and I have been dreaming of him proposing for the last 12 months lol!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WanabeMumma For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (12-02-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (12-02-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Or you could bump the old one.
    Too much like actual work. Plus I would have to go back and read it all. I don't feel that committed to the cause.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post: