+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you planning to start using this seat for both your kids immediately? Cause legally you cant forward face your little one until 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please tell me about your infa secure evolve caprice

We have the evolve which I chose over the maxi guard, mainly because of the size of my car (small), which meant I would have to remove the maxi guard to adjust the seat upwards. The maxi guard has a handle on the top and there wasn't enough room to lift it unlike the evolve which has the internal dial. I also found the evolve fitted better in my car because of the more variable recline. The maxi guard has two settings whereas the evolve has the knob adjustment as the PP mentioned.

They are they only two currently on the market ( I was aware of thanks to the next poster for their advice) and neither have been CREP tested yet. I asked infa secure and they don't expect it to be tested till mid this year.
    Last edited by MINIRoo; 12-02-2015 at 19:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPossum View Post
    They are the only 2 that I am aware of! Happy to be corrected though :-)

Definitely take the kids to a shop that has both & compare all aspects
    Babylove ezy grow does too but it's even newer than those two.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

MINIRoo  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow.... I only bought mine a month ago and I didn't see it then.. Must be new. I've just read about it and the major difference is you need to rethread the harness every time you adjust it, so it would be no good if you regularly need to change the height, as you would need to remove the seat each time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @heartstringz no immediate plans for bub to use the seat (I am on mat leave for the rest of the year; also aren't a fan of having bub travel ff for quite a while however if in the event my car broke down and I couldn't get her from childcare then I wanted a seat that would allow hubby to do that for either kid- & bub isn't even enrolled in child care yet!) hence his car needs one seat for the "just in case".

DD1 has grown out of her 0-4 car seat.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffabella For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    there is also the babylove ezygrow and the mothers choice victory, personally i like the maxi guard as the evolve recline is dependant upon the depth of your back seat

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Switch seat did u end up buying? Safe n sound one or evolve?

Hey just curious which one did you end up buying as I need to buy 6 months to 8 years one soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went with the Evolve Caprice DD loves it, and as yet DH hasn't picked DD2 up in it yet, but she's now 20mths old, so a lot bigger than when I bought the seats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the maxi guard and love it. I bought it as a second seat since I have my bro dd (30 mth) too and didn't want something 'cheap and nasty' as I thought my ds (24mth now) would decide the other seat was better! Which he did, I wouldn't use in a 6 mth old but from 10? Mths maybe, once ur happy to face forward.... The head protection is good, his head is better sheltered than in his ahr 0-4 seat. Belt adjusts easily. I will buy a second when he grows out of the 0-4 seat....