Please tell me about your infa secure evolve caprice | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please tell me about your infa secure evolve caprice

I'm looking to put my DD (4yrs) into a booster. I need to buy two (one for each car) and am slightly complicated in that we have two DD's around 3.9yrs apart.

I'd like one seat on each car but in DH's car there is only space for one seat so I need the seat for his car to be fully adjustable for both kids. Is this seat the solution or am I dreaming?

I know they are a hefty investment but DD1 is quite petite and DD2 is quite the opposite so we are potentially looking at a small window later on where they will both need boosters.

So tell me is this the best option for us? The only option or are there other seats that can be used for both kids interchangeably as required?

Also has the Evolve been tested yet? I've been unable to find this info online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im not sure how old your other child is (sorry must have missed that in your post) but if shes very young an Evolve probably wont be suitable for her. Although its a 6 months to 8 years seat, barely any 6 month olds will be big enough to fit it. I think they have fairly high markers.

Could you try your 4yo in a infasecure neon? I know its not a booster but it has high markers & your 4yo might still fit & that way you can use it for your younger child as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    @heartstringz she's 4 months at the moment. In my car I have no plans to forward face her until way past 1year but if hubby needed to pick either child up to give me a hand it'd be good if we could have one car seat that adjusts for both kids.

I would also like both girls in a 6 point harness for as long as possible so I'm not keen on boosters that go 0-4 harnessed and then 4-8 lap sash.

But I'm not sure if the evolve is our only choice either.

I will look into the neon though as you've suggested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The evolve is definitely available in shops now. Your other option would be the safe & sound maxi guard which has the same height markers. I went & checked out both seats yesterday for my 4 year old & personally preferred the maxi guard. Pp is correct though, your little one may not meet the entry height marker for some time. My SIL put her 14 month old in both of these seats last week & she is still too small for either of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MyPossum what swayed your decision for the maxi guard? I'm interest in opinions because it's quite an investment

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just got the evolve, my daughter is 1 but very small... It's used as a second seat for my husbands car... I was surprised my daughter reached the markers as she hasn't reached the markers to FF in her safety 1st 0-4 yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is she tall for her age @MARTTC ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few things..
    First,y I have only had safe & sound seats previously, & they have been great for us! Secondly the sales lady's initial answer to my question of "evolve or maxi guard", was maxi without hesitation. Then we looked at them closely.

I feel that the safe & sound seems to be more comfy. My daughters are nearly 5 & 2.5 yrs & like you, the older one is a slimmer build. Both seats have the same height markers for entry & exit. The maxi guard is slightly narrower externally (good if I were ever to need to fit 3 seats across the car). I have read the evolve has a slightly deeper seat, but neither of my girls are going to be overly tall, so I don't think that matters for us.

The maxi guard recline foot is the same as our current maxi rider. The evolve has a recline feature too but the sales lady pointed out that if you gave a super good fit of the seat in the car- how does that allow it to recline with the dial while fitted?So you kind of wind it back to a reclined position - surely that means the fit of the seat needs to move as it reclines?

The evolve comes in all sorts of pretty colours if you like visual things, but we only want black anyway so that is irrelevant! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please tell me about your infa secure evolve caprice

Thank you @MyPossum - I haven't been to the shops yet and maybe am getting caught up in pretty colours. But perhaps I will take both kids down on the weekend and see which we prefer.

Oops forgot to add - are the sns maxi guard and infasecure evolve the only ones that do harness to 8??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffabella View Post
    Thank you @MyPossum - I haven't been to the shops yet and maybe am getting caught up in pretty colours. But perhaps I will take both kids down on the weekend and see which we prefer.

Oops forgot to add - are the sns maxi guard and infasecure evolve the only ones that do harness to 8??
    They are the only 2 that I am aware of! Happy to be corrected though :-)

Definitely take the kids to a shop that has both & compare all aspects